• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    No, there is no such thing unless you are active or retired LEO but we are trying to change this. I decided to post this in the "carry and self defense" section because our fight in Illinois affects all who travel into Illinois.

Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day 2011

This is a link to our annual rally for gun rights in Illinois where our main focus is " right To Carry." IGOLD (Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day) is in it's fifth year and has grown from 1,500 people to 7,500 last year. I certainly hope all the IGO members from Illinois will be there and anyone from the "Free State" of Indiana is invited. I don't know who will be speaking at the rally this year but last year the main speaker was Otis McDonald of McDonald v Chicago and that in itself made the trip worthwhile.
    Anyone needing any more information ask away or PM me and thanks much, Jim.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I wish you all the best of luck.

But with Quinn in office and his long history of anti-gun positions, combined with the new mayor Rahm Emmanual sitting in Chicago (not official but a sure bet), it seems like there is no way the common sense people in the state will be able to overthrow the shackles of the machine on the lakefront.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Good luck IL

A few years ago they became more truck friendly by raising the speed limits but I still wont spend any money there until they become more gun friendly, and recognize our constitution.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I agree with the Illinois State Police, Illinois Associated of Chiefs of Police, American Academy of Pediatrics-Illinois, Illinois League of Women Voters and Voices for Illinois Children that that Illinois does not need a concealed-carry law.

You see, for many decades hundreds of thousands of law-abiding citizens here in Indiana have legally carried concealed handguns, and criminals know it is a bad idea to attack a Hoosier. Nothing says no to a rapist or mugger quite like a bullet hole in the chest.

That's why we are certainly doing our best to spread the news to Hoosier criminals that Illinois leaders prefer your residents to be defenseless lambs

This encourages our rapists, muggers, mass killers, car-jackers, white-sheeted bigots, terrorists, gay bashers and anti-Semites to leave Indiana and move to Illinois. The mass exodus of our criminals helps ensure the continued well-being of Indiana residents -- even those who choose not to carry a handgun.

Your Illinois readers who will be victimized by these transplanted predators can find solace in knowing that we deeply appreciate the their willingness to keep their families available as easier targets of opportunity. If it saves just one Hoosier life, it is worth it.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Good luck. Get it done before March 12th-ish will ya. Im gonna be in Chi-town that week and would like to bring along more than a can of OC-spray and "tactical" pen.
    Not to hijack the thread or anything...anyone know if OC spray is even legal in downtown Chicago? What about length of blade on knife? F&*K I HATE CHICAGO

fergie22

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    walkerton
    as long as chicago and the machine run my old state it ain`t gonna happen the gangs have guns the honest citizens are not allowed go figure sorry just venting i was born and raised in illinois but it is the most corrupt place [chicago] i have ever seen thats why i left
    :twocents:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Jack Burton: I understand your concern for keeping Indiana safe by exporting criminals to Illinois where we have a much safer enviroment for them. I have a question for you. Many of us in Illinois have non-resident CCW permits from states such as Pennsylvania, Florida and Utah which are all recognized by Indiana and allow us to carry while in your free state. It is also obvious that all your criminals have not moved to Illinois. I assume the ones you have left haven't been able to steal a reliable vehicle to make the drive to the victim disarmament zone which is Illinois. Since I have Illinois plates on my bike giving the outward apperance of a defensless victim, if I would have to defend myself can I be charged with "Shooting Over Bait?"

Seriously, not getting Bill Brady elected Governor was a dissappointment to all involved in the gun rights battle but not the end of the world. Our NRA lobbyist says he can get the votes this year. Heller Vs DC made a difference and McDonald Vs Chicago is a game changer. It can be done and will be done, I think it will be this year. One thing for sure it will only be done with support from all gun owners, encourage everyone you know from Illinois to attend IGOLD 3-10-2011. Jim.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Jack Burton: I understand your concern for keeping Indiana safe by exporting criminals to Illinois where we have a much safer enviroment for them. I have a question for you. Many of us in Illinois have non-resident CCW permits from states such as Pennsylvania, Florida and Utah which are all recognized by Indiana and allow us to carry while in your free state. It is also obvious that all your criminals have not moved to Illinois. I assume the ones you have left haven't been able to steal a reliable vehicle to make the drive to the victim disarmament zone which is Illinois. Since I have Illinois plates on my bike giving the outward apperance of a defensless victim, if I would have to defend myself can I be charged with "Shooting Over Bait?"

Seriously, not getting Bill Brady elected Governor was a dissappointment to all involved in the gun rights battle but not the end of the world. Our NRA lobbyist says he can get the votes this year. Heller Vs DC made a difference and McDonald Vs Chicago is a game changer. It can be done and will be done, I think it will be this year. One thing for sure it will only be done with support from all gun owners, encourage everyone you know from Illinois to attend IGOLD 3-10-2011. Jim.

Even if you scratch up enough votes to pass it initially (which would involve getting it to a vote in the first place past Madigan and Cullerton, who probably wouldn't let it come up for a vote if they thought it would pass), Pat Quinn Medicine Woman is never going to sign it, and there's no way you get the votes for veto override.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Even if you scratch up enough votes to pass it ... Pat Quinn Medicine Woman is never going to sign it, and there's no way you get the votes for veto override.

Got to love the totally defeatist attitude of some here.

While I generally agree with the thought expressed, the fact is that the process must move forward. Even without Brady in the Governor's mansion its important to get the vote registered. The tide is turning. Quinn and the anti-gunners can only hold off the inevitable for so long before they are overwhelmed.

I applaud the fight from our friends in Illinois and if I can I will join them in Sprindfield. They need our support. If it passes and is vetoed it sends a message. It emboldens our gun owning Illinois allies to try again and again and again.

Eventually they will overcome.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Madigan, Speaker of Illinois house has allready said he will require a 2/3rds majority for any carry bill to pass the House. This is because it would overrule Chicago's "Home Rule" and just because he can make up rules as he goes along. When our NRA lobbyist says the votes are there he means the 2/3rds rule. This is also the same number of votes necessary to override a veto. There are several unrelated things that have come into play to bring more Democrats around and most southern Democrats have allways supported CCW.

THIS IS NOT THE YEAR TO HAVE A DEFEATIST ATTITUDE!!! Jim.

Top Bottom