• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, it used to be that you could park in the infield. But I have heard that now they wand at each infield tunnel. Which really sucks because we use to use the shortcut of crossing the infield when we didnt want to pay and wait to ride around on the shuttles.

As to the OPs question, my money is on a LEO with his family. Really annoying that he gets to protect his own while the rest of us are left unarmed. Granted the ISP does a bangup job, its still a ridiculous double standard. Especially when youts can toss stuff over the fence to their buddies to bypass the security.

And personally, I'm more worried about the trip in/out than inside the fairgrounds. But given the neighborhood, its irresponsible to leave your gun in the car. ISP keeps the grounds well buttoned up. We never hung around the midway in the evenings where all the mayhem typically went down, so I wasnt that worried.

But the fair coincides with our family vacation, so we are typically too busy to go anyway.

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    En route to it right now.

You read my mind exactly.

Edit:

Last year I didn't even bring it with from home but on our way driving out of the parking lot a mini riot broke out between a group of peaceful youth and the police after the police tried to break up a peaceful fistfight that had broke out and people were running wild.

I got to see someone get tazed and drop like a solid wood plank. Never seen that before in person. So that was fun
    Heck, I would go to the fair if I got the free entertainment you got.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm sure someone could find some way to murder someone with a churro if pressed hard enough.
    john_wick_legenda.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I say we move the Indiana State Fair Here: (or build a new fairground somewhere equally remote)

Assuming they have the same ISP heavy presence, then I'll gladly make the trip unarmed. Youts arent going to drive/take the bus that far to cause trouble, and the farm families and their livestock will just shrug and drive to a different location.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Nothing says family fun at the Indiana State Fair like....

on our way driving out of the parking lot a mini riot broke out between a group of peaceful youth and the police after the police tried to break up a peaceful fistfight that had broke out and people were running wild.

I got to see someone get tazed and drop like a solid wood plank. Never seen that before in person. So that was fun

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Yeah, it used to be that you could park in the infield. But I have heard that now they wand at each infield tunnel. Which really sucks because we use to use the shortcut of crossing the infield when we didnt want to pay and wait to ride around on the shuttles.
    Typically always park outside the fence at 42nd & Ralston for that Call Of Duty experience when leaving the grounds late after Band Day activities.

I walked through a detector at the north entrance and both sides of the infield as we cut through the middle X 3.

On every occasion, someone in close proximity triggered a beep and was invited to share the contents of their pockets and backpacks. I never hung around to see what set them off.

My Microtech Ultratech OTF carried through every time without any notice. I know that stainless steel is my stealthy friend.

I also carried a wide-mouth 32 oz. HydroFlask -also stainless steel- full of my favorite sports drink. Their rules say they must be empty upon entry and can be filled once inside. Again, no alarm was triggered and nobody checked for contents. Makes me curious whether the detectors would pick up a disassembled weapon inside such a vessel?

The shuttle tractors are now free, which explains why they are full of people just doing lap after lap after lap....

Top Bottom