• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Got pulled over on the bike today on 465, he said he clocked me at 72 and i was still accelerating, no turn signal and improper lane chane. He cut me a nice break and only gave me a ticket for improper lane change :rockwoot: Probably because i was straight forward with him when he asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and if i knew what the speed limit was and i didnt try to give him some BS story.

For some reason Indiana cops always seem to give me a break. When i lived in Ohio it was a whole different story.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Its funny what honesty will get you. I got pulled over on my bike for 79 in a 40 lol. Cop was cool and didnt even lecture me or get $hi##y. He didnt hit me on wreckless and only gave me a speeding ticket. Then out of desperation I called the prosecutor of the traffic court in Marion COunty and did some smooth talking. Ended up with a ticket for 60 in a 40. Being honest and not getting crappy with people goes a long way these days, a lot of people just dont understand that.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    No i was not carrying, i lost my permit and i am still waiting for another one in the mail.

Jfed: i agree i learned a long time ago that cops here BS story all day long and i think they appreciate people just being honest. I was like like yep you got me. I didnt know how long he was behind me so when he asked if i knew why he pulled me over i just said speeding because i didnt want to imply that i was doing anything else lol. To be honest it was windy as crap on 465 so i was just trying to dip around this truck because i was stuck in his wind tunnel and it was killing me. Im glad to pay the Unsafe lane change and go about my business because he could of actually got me for like 77 in a 55 no signal, unsafe lane change and he said if he wanted to wreckless driving.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    -snip-
    To be honest it was windy as crap on 465 so i was just trying to dip around this truck because i was stuck in his wind tunnel and it was killing me.
    -snip-

That's no lie, it was windy.
    I was across the North side of I-465 and I whipped around a few semis to get out their wind turbulence too (though I signaled).
    Lucky I didn't get pulled over.
    Hope it doesn't cost you too much.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I figured it will be between $75 and $125 it's ok I figured it was a good reality check for the start of the season so I don't do anything too stupid later lol.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Honestly if someone just owns up to it, chances are I'll give them verbal warning all the way around.

My approach to traffic enforcement is 99% of the time just pulling them over is enough to correct the action. If you want to aurgue or ***** about it then I feel me pulling them over wasn't enough to correct the action so then I might go to the next step and write the paper.

I also feel that I give enough leway with speed anyway. Being that I work nights and the roads aren't that busy, I will normally not look twice unless you are 15 over.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I think it helped that im almost 30 and he realized i was not just some young kid darting in and out of traffic and i gave him nothing but respect.:cool:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Man i got out of more stupid decisions on my old bike than i would of ever thought, maybe it was because i pulled over and didnt run (sport bike) or i was just lucky. Once after fixing my bike i decided to do a little joy riding around the block, made a turn and nailed the throttle. Went past an empty parking lot and sure enough there was an leo waiting. He pulled out behind me, and because the bike didnt have mirrors (didnt want to keep turning around) i decided it was just best to pull into the next neighborhood and see what happened. sure enough he pulled in behind me, so i pulled over, shut off the bike and dropped the keys to the side of it. He walks up and says why did you pull over. My response was i figured he was going to get me anyway and that i didnt want to delay the inevitable. He says nope and to have a nice day. he pulls a u turn and drives off. explain that!? If he wasnt going to pull me over why would he come out of the back of a parking lot, fly up to me and follow me into a neighborhood?

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I got out of a ticket once for being a dumb ass. I was coming off a side road that had a stop sign, I ran the stop and merged and there was a Michigan cop right in front of me when I did it. The girl in the car with me called me a dumb ass. Saw the cop turn around and just got ready to pull over.

When he came up he asked if my brakes worked. I said "yes, I saw ya as I was coming out and she called me a dumb ass for doing it, I also have a firearm in a holster on my right hip (michigan is must inform)" He said thanks for letting me know and "so I shouldn't give you a ticket because you're a dumb ass" and laughed. Went back, ran my license and came back with a warning and told the girl with me to keep me in check.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Got pulled over on the bike today on 465, he said he clocked me at 72 and i was still accelerating, no turn signal and improper lane chane. He cut me a nice break and only gave me a ticket for improper lane change :rockwoot: Probably because i was straight forward with him when he asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and if i knew what the speed limit was and i didnt try to give him some BS story.

For some reason Indiana cops always seem to give me a break. When i lived in Ohio it was a whole different story.

I can't believe you gave up rights so easily! You should have refused to even speak to him! So what that it might have opened up a whole can of whoop ass, being civil to "the man" will only open yourself up for all kinds of false charges. Way to give into the jbts!

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I can't believe you gave up rights so easily! You should have refused to even speak to him! So what that it might have opened up a whole can of whoop ass, being civil to "the man" will only open yourself up for all kinds of false charges. Way to give into the jbts!

Yeah i doubt that i think i would rather pay my $100 fine and not have any points on my license. If i was a D bag to him he coud have racked up at least $500 bucks in fines and towed my bike if he really wanted to give it to me. when he first clocked me i was doing 72 i know for a fact i reached 80 so thats definately going to jack up my fines and add some unwanted points on my license,

He gave me respect so i gave it back, that is how i was raised, im not a paranoid person who thinks the "man" is always trying to bring me down:laugh:

Top Bottom