• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    Well since you're mountain biking...and IMHO I hate loose clothing when I mtn bike....it sounds like a belly band would be a good alternative or maybe rig it to the outside of your thigh.

Sounds shady for people like that hanging out on those trails...

emst52

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Lafayette, In
    around the time muncie finished the cardinal greenway i believe there was a mugging they jummped outta some bushes ive stayed away from it but if i were you id have somethening because your just never know

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    My wife and I carry LCP's in our shorts when we ride our mountain bikes. With a DeSantis pocket holster, it stays put. Or sometimes I put it in the cargo pocket. Either way it is easily accessible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Thanks for all of the responses and ideas. I'm leaning towards an LCP fastened to the front strap (chest area) on my camelback. Maybe I can find some sort of pouch with a velcro flap. That way it looks like a cell phone rather than a gun.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    An LCP would easily fit in one of those velcro flap phone holsters you see at Lowe's or Home Depot. You might be able to use a mp3 player case or camera case too.

JJenn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    I use an LCP with De Santis pocket holster in the velcro side pocket of my mountain bike shorts. Don't even know it's there.
    Before that I put my Baby Browning in the bag under my seat.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for all of the responses and ideas. I'm leaning towards an LCP fastened to the front strap (chest area) on my camelback. Maybe I can find some sort of pouch with a velcro flap. That way it looks like a cell phone rather than a gun.

How about something like this...
    glockcellphone.jpg

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    For what it is worth, I am opposed to off body carry on a bike. Attaching any kind of bag/holster to the bike itself lends itself to the possibility of someone giving you the bum's rush and knocking your from your bike, thus separating you from your gun.

Up until recently, I did some serious bicycling. My choice was a fanny pack. It worked very well. The gun was quickly accessible if needed, and went wherever I went.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    When I bike (road or mountain biking) I have a galco IWB for a Kel Tec .32

Not much gun, but I figure it'll do the job to keep the dogs or badguys away while I pedal faster.

Just make sure to clean it when you get home. I've found sweat doesn't mix with firearms well.:rolleyes:

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I carry mace and a Glock 23 on EVERY bike ride. I daily commute to work and back and wouldn't think of leaving home without them! I'd go without the bike first! Carried either in a holster or fanny pack! Alway have the mace at the front handlebar for dogs and quick access if needed for people!

Top Bottom