• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just bought a Wilson Electronics cell phone booster. I've just got it temporarily set up but it really seems to be helping. We could only get 1-2 bars in the house before--- now 5 bars when we're in the same room as the antenna. We still gotta get the inside/outside antennas permanently installed.

Has anybody else tried one of these? Any tips for optimizing the installation?

Thanks.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have one now. after climbing on the roof to get the antena x feet away from the reciever and climbing down i noticed no real diffrence in my cell signal, but the antena is still on the roof due lazyness

kirch86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    We have some of the zboost ones at work. I didn't install them, but they work great. When they are not plugged in I can't even get my phone to dial out. When they are plugged in I get 3-4 bars.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    @rich-
    We bought a kit-- 841262 and bought it from amazon.com because it was almost $150 cheaper than what I could find it at our closest dealer. You can find it here:

Product Details

Or just google Wilson Electronics 841262 to find online dealer prices.

As I'm typing this I've got 4 bars on my phone sitting at my kitchen table. Used to, I couldn't even send this from here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Updated 4/18/2011.
    I finally got the external antenna permanently mounted this weekend. To my disappointment the gain in signal strength, while there, was not as much as I expected. I'm reading 90db +/- at the outdoor antenna and the best I can get is about 80db inside. And thats when I'm only 8-10 ft from the indoor antenna.

I called Wilson today and to their credit, they are trying to make it right by sending me a yagi, directional antenna-- free of charge. Hopefully this does the trick. Unfortunately, that means I have to climb that 30ft ladder again!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I got a free microcell from att. It works off of your high speed Internet.

So, wait, you have to pay them to use your cell phone, and then you pay to extend their network for them using your internet bandwidth (that you also probably pay them for)? :scratch:

I'd be telling them to fix their network so it covers my house like it's supposed to or give me a credit on my bill.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, wait, you have to pay them to use your cell phone, and then you pay to extend their network for them using your internet bandwidth (that you also probably pay them for)? :scratch:

I'd be telling them to fix their network so it covers my house like it's supposed to or give me a credit on my bill.

I live in the sticks. Not much in the way of cell coverage out here. I still have unlimited data on my iPhone plan and don't come anywhere close to using my minutes so it's not an issue for me. It allows me full coverage in my basement as well. Verizon sucks in my area as well.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I live in the sticks. Not much in the way of cell coverage out here. I still have unlimited data on my iPhone plan and don't come anywhere close to using my minutes so it's not an issue for me. It allows me full coverage in my basement as well. Verizon sucks in my area as well.

I dunno. It still galls me that they expect you to invest your own resources into making sure their network functions. +1 on the free femtocell and all, but minus several dozen for double-dipping.

Top Bottom