• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    been an AT&T customer from day one...no problem. I lost my Samsung S3...gone. I found one $150 new unlocked..keep my now month to month....or renew for 2 yrs with a new S4 for $29?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    S3?... S4?... Why not S5 or one of a dozen other phones more capable than the two you have mentioned?

They were good phones in their day, but they're well past their prime, and the batteries are getting old even though they're brand new in box.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If you aren't looking to change carriers, why not renew and take advantage of the savings? I swap mine every 2 years, usually getting the model that's 1 year old for $1 or so.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I usually get a year old model at Wal-Mart and they update everything there. The prices are much better than at the AT&T or Verizon store.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'd keep the month to month. That's what I did when my contract expired at the end of '14.

When you upgrade to a new phone you are still paying for it, the payments are just spread out over the 2 years of the new contract.

If you sign a new 2 year deal you may get a new phone, but I promise your monthly payment will go up.

My wife and I are saving almost $70 a month by keeping our S3 phones and going month to month.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd keep the month to month. That's what I did when my contract expired at the end of '14.

When you upgrade to a new phone you are still paying for it, the payments are just spread out over the 2 years of the new contract.

If you sign a new 2 year deal you may get a new phone, but I promise your monthly payment will go up.

My wife and I are saving almost $70 a month by keeping our S3 phones and going month to month.

My payment has never went up when I got a new phone. I go to Best Buy, I give them $1.07, they give me a new phone, and my bill stays the same. Actually, it went down $10/mo last time because data prices dropped a bit. My contract expires in December, so I take advantage of the Christmas sales.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My payment has never went up when I got a new phone. I go to Best Buy, I give them $1.07, they give me a new phone, and my bill stays the same. Actually, it went down $10/mo last time because data prices dropped a bit. My contract expires in December, so I take advantage of the Christmas sales.
    I use Best Buy as well. I'm about ready for an upgrade. I'm going on like 4 years with this one.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

Perhaps it's because you've been subsidizing the new phone every time you renew the contract so your bill stays the same. I don't know what carrier you have or how the contract is set up.

All I know is that mine dropped tremendously once the phone was paid for. Like I said, my wife and I are paying more than $60 less each month just because we didn't upgrade.

We have Sprint.

Top Bottom