• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    CZs have LOADS of potential, and the Shadows/A01/TS2 are all phenomenal pistols.

But I think for a DA/SA that a 92G w/ Langdon trigger job is a smoother action overall. I’d own one of each if I could, but since I can’t, I went with the Beretta and don’t regret it.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    As much as I wanted to hate the Beretta M9 when I was forced to give up my S&W model 15 I can’t. They worked. We had minimal issues with them from duty/deployment to training guns.

I know the CZ is a great gun too but for me Beretta would be my choice as I know how to work on them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm a CZ guy. I've shot a few 92's but never fell in love with them the way I have CZ's. I have 3 with the CGW pro package and other upgrades and they're sublime shooters. I've never shot a 92 that was customized, but a member of my shooting group just picked up a WC 92, so I should get the chance to try it out this Spring.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I'm a CZ guy. I've shot a few 92's but never fell in love with them the way I have CZ's. I have 3 with the CGW pro package and other upgrades and they're sublime shooters. I've never shot a 92 that was customized, but a member of my shooting group just picked up a WC 92, so I should get the chance to try it out this Spring.

I’ll be at Parabellum on Wednesday for the USPSA match. If you’ll be there, perhaps they’ll let you run a few through my Langdon Tactical 92G after the match real fast? You could at least dry fire it a few times, if nothing else. They’re fantastic pistols!

As for CZ, few things feel better in the hand, I’ll give them that! I think my 92 w/ the VZ Slim grips feels amazing, but the CZs are right there with it. If money were no object I’d own several CZs!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be at the match. Too bad as I'd love to get a chance to try it out and let you try my CZ's. Another time perhaps?

Two of my 3 CZ's (not as modified as the ones in this thread, but still nice):

lMPWrUu.jpg

7DFCQTp.jpg

I know, bad photos but a photog I am not... :):

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be at the match. Too bad as I'd love to get a chance to try it out and let you try my CZ's. Another time perhaps?

lMPWrUu.jpg

7DFCQTp.jpg

Nice! I had a PCR for awhile and foolishly let it go, so I’d like to get another some time (or maybe a P-01). The SP-01 and Shadow2 are also high on my list. If we’re ever at the same event, I’d be happy to exchange pistols for a few mags. :)

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Totally Cajunized CZ Customs CZ-75 vs. Beretta 92FS-M9A1 with Langdon upgrades and more

I'd like to say :welcome:to :ingo:
    Nice 1st post :thumbsup:

lMPWrUu.jpg

7DFCQTp.jpg

When I get my CZ-75 I'll be asking where you got the grips in the top picture. I like those it really sets it off.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Two years ago I would have said CZ , but with the new flat Vertex grip angle and how good Langdon's optics cuts are I would definitely go with a 92 myself. The #6 double action you can get on the CZ is nice , but the Beretta has a better single action trigger and reset IMHO.

Top Bottom