• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    It appears they made some good updates to the KSG after SHOT Show. At least Kel-Tec is proving they listen to customer suggestions.

I don't think the slots cut in the magazine tubes are a good idea. Seems like they would just allow dirt/dust/gunk to enter and jam up the magazine tube spring.

I really think this shotgun will sell like hot cakes if they can produce them fast enough.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    What other shotgun (marketable to this market) has a magazine indicator?

Sounds like a mall ninja requirement to me........

Ill still pass, a plastic shotgun! is there no end to this polymer madness?

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Funny how people won't trust a shotty with "plastic" on it but will trust "plastic" pistols and rifles/shottys with poly stocks on them.

The ar-15 is a plastic mattel toy and Glocks will blow up if you shoot em'

Personally I don't trust any pump shotty with wood on the forearm, never know when or if that thing will crack and fall apart rendering your shotty useless......

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Siding with the "meh" crowd: My personal experience with them has been **** poor, coupled with the "mag tube indicator cuts" mentioned earlier, sounds like a really bad idea...

I will agree on the mag tube cuts, when he was showing those in the video and I was thinking "why!?" Now dirt and crap will get in. Pretty sure the french did this with one of their machine guns in ww2 and they had tons of issues with dirt and stuff jamming the gun course it wasn't that great of a weapon to begin with.

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I hate to just jump on the band wagon, but the cuts in the mag tubes sounds like a really bad idea to me. Aside from that its a bold concept and without the cut up mag tubes I would like to have one. Cost is also a factor, if its going to cost more than a Saiga it better perform flawlessly.

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    What if dirt/mud got into a non cut mag tube anyway? The cuts could facilitate a shooter to flush it out easier, than not.

I say try it in the conditions you are talking about and see what happens. With that said, I would use it for HD anyway.

Oh yeah. I want one anyway, cuts or not. Plastic rocks! It's lighter and can be molded into anything, damn near. Need I name a few examples of successful items? lol

Last edited:

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm not a big shotgunner, but this shotgun has my attention.

Kel-Tec has done some very neat stuff lately. I'm still trying to get my hands on their .308 bullpup. The only complaint I have is that they can't produce these things fast enough.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    Man I am so in when this product comes out. I like the fact that you can change which tube to feed from, that gives the operator an option of using different loads in the two tubes. You can load slugs on 1 side and shot in the other. SWEET

Top Bottom