Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Not true

[quote=VUPDblue;459042]Any legal topic you can dream-up may be debated on this site until your fingers are sore. Again, outside of removing useless posts that only whine and complain about the rules, you will not see us quash opinions on any topic EVER![/quote]

Several months ago I posted a suggestion on how to remove the rough seam on the INGO Cav Arms lower using a metal scraper and my post was almost immediately removed. Do you remember that one? I received PM's from several fellow members expressing their distain for this type of censorship.

It was an informative post to help members but obviously certain parties took it as an attack on the quality of the Cav Arms lowers and removed it I assume to protect sales. Your statement is untrue that moderators only remove useless posts. :twocents:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Your post was removed because it violated rule #5 of the classifieds (we discussed this months ago). If you want to make a post about Cav Arms lowers or your techniques for removing "the rough seem" feel free to do so in the Long Guns forum.

[quote=VUPDblue;459042]Any legal topic you can dream-up may be debated on this site until your fingers are sore. Again, outside of removing useless posts that only whine and complain about the rules, you will not see us quash opinions on any topic EVER!

Several months ago I posted a suggestion on how to remove the rough seam on the INGO Cav Arms lower using a metal scraper and my post was almost immediately removed. Do you remember that one? I received PM's from several fellow members expressing their distain for this type of censorship.

It was an informative post to help members but obviously certain parties took it as an attack on the quality of the Cav Arms lowers and removed it I assume to protect sales. Your statement is untrue that moderators only remove useless posts. :twocents:[/quote]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Several months ago I posted a suggestion on how to remove the rough seam on the INGO Cav Arms lower

Dick,

This sounded odd, so I researched it. I found the post in question. It looks like it was posted in a Group Buy thread and was removed along with many other posts for being off-topic to the buy (off-topic meaning not directly related to buying one). It wasn't the content, but the placement that was the issue. Had it been originally posted in the "Long Guns" forum, for example, it would've been a very helpful thread to those with the same issue.

As a show of good faith, I've moved it into its own thread in the appropriate forum.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/42719-removing_plastic_flashing_from_cav_arms_lowers.html

Sorry about the mixup.

P.S. I had to laugh at some of the other posts that were removed at the same time. One confused poster, who obviously didn't realize what happened, wondered if maybe the Mods were getting a portion of the proceeds from the lower sales, and we were trying to snuff out any negative posts! I want my cut!! lol

Last edited:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Thanks

Dick,

This sounded odd, so I researched it. I found the post in question. It looks like it was posted in a Group Buy thread and was removed along with many other posts for being off-topic to the buy (off-topic meaning not directly related to buying one). It wasn't the content, but the placement that was the issue. Had it been originally posted in the "Long Guns" forum, for example, it would've been a very helpful thread to those with the same issue.

As a show of good faith, I've moved it into its own thread in the appropriate forum.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/42719-removing_plastic_flashing_from_cav_arms_lowers.html

Sorry about the mixup.

P.S. I had to laugh at some of the other posts that were removed at the same time. One confused poster, who obviously didn't realize what happened, wondered if maybe the Mods were getting a portion of the proceeds from the lower sales, and we were trying to snuff out any negative posts! I want my cut!! lol

Thanks for reposting my suggestion; if it was in the wrong forum when posted it should have been moved, not deleted. I see posts moved all the time that have zero value to members so why was a informative post like mine scrapped?

What do they say, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck...... seeing you brought it up, I didn't say it out loud but I also wondered if INGO had a stake in this purchase. I worked in the plastic industry for over 20 years so when I noticed a problem that I could offer advice to our members I did so. The fact that the post was deleted within a couple minutes smelled fishy. Mystery solved but next time how about Mods being more diplomatic; in my opinion this post was poorly handled.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Dick, your tinfoil is wrapped a little too tight. There is no INGO conspiracy and INGO doesn't make a DIME off of the Cav lowers. This is all Britton's venture and has nothing to do with the leadership of this site.
    Michiana said:
    I see posts moved all the time that have zero value to members so why was a informative post like mine scrapped?
    The answer to that is simply because it was in the wrong forum and I removed it as such. It takes me WAY less time and effort to remove a post than to move it around. Our SOP here is to remove posts, at our discretion, when they are violative of the rules, even in the wrong forum. I'm the kind of mod who removes them all. I'm not a post mover. Sorry. For every post that you see moved, worthless or not, you can rest assured that there are about 100 that are removed alltogether.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Thanks for reposting my suggestion; if it was in the wrong forum when posted it should have been moved, not deleted. I see posts moved all the time that have zero value to members so why was a informative post like mine scrapped?

Generally speaking, threads that are in the wrong forum do indeed get moved and not deleted. However, the SOP for off-topic posts in the Classifieds and GB forums is to simply trash them, as there are usually so many that we can't take the time to sort out which ones should be made into their own thread versus which ones should be removed entirely. In an effort to keep those forums especially clean, we dump a LOT of off-topic material in any given week (and at that time, back in February, this was a bigger problem).

Michiana said:
    I also wondered if INGO had a stake in this purchase.

Nope! In fact, INGO is kept running solely by Site Supporter donations, Advertising Supporter fees, and Fenway's own pocket. Moderators see no income whatsoever. We do get cool swag though!

Michiana said:
    next time how about Mods being more diplomatic; in my opinion this post was poorly handled.

See my title! :D

Although we do try to be as transparent as possible in our Mod duties (hopefully this post is an example of that), we simply don't have the time to explain every action we take by sending PMs to those members affected. In this particular case, it was a good post in the wrong place that got caught up with a 'group trashing' of off-topic posts.

:ingo:

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    stick to the facts

Dick, your tinfoil is wrapped a little too tight. There is no INGO conspiracy and INGO doesn't make a DIME off of the Cav lowers. This is all Britton's venture and has nothing to do with the leadership of this site.

The problem is your attitude towards me; you've had one since I addressed the chicken sxxx infraction you gave me back in January. I have had disagreements with other Mods and them with me but Mods like Esrice and Fenway act professional as demonstrated in this situation. I do not appreciate your sarcastic comment either. Perhaps you need to remove your "tinfoil" as it has obviously given you a big head.

I never said there was an INGO conspiracy; I said I also wondered if INGO was involved in the sale of INGO lowers due to the perceived protective attitude shown.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom