• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So I have a 12g mossberg silver reserve that my daughter loves shooting. For trap and soon dove season……

Anyone know how hard it is to change a firing pin? I am getting light strikes I believe I am no expert. At first I thought it was the shells but seems to be happening more often and with many different brands. I can’t decide if I run it as is for this dove season or if I attempt to change in the couple weeks… I just don’t want to end up with a basket case opening day. And I know smiths will all be too busy to get me in quickly. Any advice or YouTube vids you guys recommend ?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I would be lookong at the hammer spring/s first.
    I'm not a gunsmith, but if he can replace parts, I can also.

See whats on youtube
    I get that, if someone can do something, I can also. But knowledge experience and the right tools are a thing. It appears O/U are going to be a big part of my future so I WANT to learn just not sure I want it to be right now before dove season lol was just checking with ingo to see if there were any experts to tell me “this gun is exceptionally difficult” or like you said check something else first.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I get that, if someone can do something, I can also. But knowledge experience and the right tools are a thing. It appears O/U are going to be a big part of my future so I WANT to learn just not sure I want it to be right now before dove season lol was just checking with ingo to see if there were any experts to tell me “this gun is exceptionally difficult” or like you said check something else first.
    I'd personally start with brake cleaner and compressed air in the FP seat.

Paul 7.62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2023
    Bloomington, IN.
    Problem with storage of over/unders, side by sides and single shot trap gun, people store them barrel up allowing oil and junk to seep into the action. If you have good screw drivers and can grind a bit with square sides and shape edges. You can remove the trigger guard and remove the butt stock exposing the action. Then spray with gun scrubber, a plastic bristle tooth brush cleaning out old oil and junk. To re-lube use Rem-oil lightly like a drop on each spring that is it! No grease, no high tech lube! Now about storing wood stocked guns mussel up lets oil seep into the wood softening it and you have problems like you are having with junk flowing into the firing pin holes, gumming up the actions. I don't store my trap guns in the safe they stay in flat case taken apart so no oil can get into the action.

Top Bottom