• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    GM 3.8 is bullet-proof. pretty much the only way to kill one is to kill the coolant system, not care and crack a head, then not care about that either. not that the previous owner of my car did that.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    you can thank our fine president for the cash for clunkers program. It eliminated some really good cars out there from the market. Leaving some really POS cars that are now higher priced (supply and demand).

But Indy Guy and eldirector are right. You can still find good cars out there
    But cash for clunkers, got rid of most of the obama bumper stickers:D:laugh:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Just to update you guys who helped me out. Decided to go Jap. Got a nice 1994 Toyota Camry LE (2.2L I4) from Craiglist. $1250 (could've got it for less but these were a really nice family). Some body rust that I need someone to look at, but the engine seems good. Maybe a small problem with the belt or the alternator, I haven't decided which.

Seems like the lights dim too much when I turn on A/C, hit the brakes etc.

Do we have any friendly mechanics in the NWI area who wouldn't mind giving it the once over for me for the price of a few beers? I am beyond poor right now but can pay you in computer repairs :D

Went to the BMV today and once the nice girl behind the desk realised I was from the UK she had no problems registering the car to me. Just have to do my Indiana DL test now.

Top Bottom