• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    I am looking for a cheap (~$100) gun cabinet. I do not have any kids and only need to store a couple of long guns so I believe a cabinet would do the trick. What are your opinions on the Stack On and Sentry brands you can get from BPS, Cabela's, or Walmart?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I have a Stack On 14 gun cabinet that i love. im the only kid in my house so the huge heavy safes werent really practical for me. mostly because of price. the 14 gun i got for around $180 but they have a 10 gun and i think 2 styles of an 8 gun. just remember the cabinet is basically sheet metal so if your looking for awesome quality you might want to look on. but if you just need basic low-security storage the Stack Ons are great. Ive never had any problems with mine.
    Just get some type of dehumidifer to put in it because it is all metal so if your house is humid it may sweat or atleast keep a little moisture in there. i have a Remington rechargeable dehumidifier in mine. (i think it was $20 from Cabelas, works like a charm.)

i recommend the Stack On if your just looking for the basics like i did, cause something is better than nothing.

And welcome to INGO!

Last edited:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Thanks for the reply. I am just looking for something basic like you stated. I know it probably won't keep burglars out but it may deter them a little bit.

Is this it? Remington® Mini-Dehumidifier, Gun Safes, Gun Storage, Shooting : Cabelas.com

yep thats it. I just bought a little magnetic hook and hung it up on the door of the cabinet so it faces in. as far as i can tell its kept everything dry and i like it cause it tells you when it needs to be recharged so theres no waiting until rust appears or keeping track of how long its been in there. and when its sucked up enough moisture just take it out of the cabinet and plug it into a wall outlet for like 8-10 hours. i don't remember the exact time, but last time i charged mine i left it plugged in overnight and partway through the day. idk if you should leave it in unsupervised like that cause it did get pretty hot, but i plugged it in under a smoke alarm just in case. i probably wouldn't charge it when your not home unless its only for a few hours. but im pretty sure theyre pretty safe. i just played it cautiously cause of how hot it got.

but yea sorry for the essay, that thing works great and its rated for much larger than my cabinet so youll be good to go with that.

kriggo15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Southern IN
    We don't have a Menard's down here. The closest one is in Bloomington I think. The one they have online is a Sentinel brand.

Any opinions on that brand?

Top Bottom