• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There's a joke in that post wanting out really bad.....................I'll refrain.
    Yeah. I like to think that I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I have to admit I'm not seeing it. That doesn't mean that it may not be there.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    The original price was $4 per missle, but the Israeli government "caucasioned" them down to $2
    Yeah. I like to think that I have a pretty good sense of humor, but I have to admit I'm not seeing it. That doesn't mean that it may not be there.

That's about the best I can do and hope to remain a member on here.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I get the reference now. I thought it was related to my own post and not what was posted in the article. Which I did read.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I get the reference now. I thought it was related to my own post and not what was posted in the article. Which I did read.
    I was trying to come up with something having to do with cats and laser pointers. Like the laser defense didn't actually destroy the missiles, it just distracted them. :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I was trying to come up with something having to do with cats and laser pointers. Like the laser defense didn't actually destroy the missiles, it just distracted them. :):
    Yeah, I was too focused on trying to find the joke wanting to get out in what I had posted to even think about what was posted in the article where the actual joke was. I read my post forward and backward thinking where the hell is the damn joke? :dunno:

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Hmm. Operating Kilowatt cost maybe, but I don't think the arab world _has_ enough missiles to get that system cost down to $2 per hit in any reasonable lifecycle.

I am impressed at how far these systems have come. They have gone from being almost not worth it in the tech demos of the 80s, to being a really viable battlefield tool. It has the potential to eventually be much more cost effective than flooding the sky with shrapnel from an Iron Dome (even though that is a good system, for what they're using it for).

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The original price was $4 per missle, but the Israeli government "caucasioned" them down to $2

That's about the best I can do and hope to remain a member on here.
    Close per the article they originally said $3.50. And since I'm supposedly part ethnically jewish can I say it?

Hmm. Operating Kilowatt cost maybe, but I don't think the arab world _has_ enough missiles to get that system cost down to $2 per hit in any reasonable lifecycle.

I am impressed at how far these systems have come. They have gone from being almost not worth it in the tech demos of the 80s, to being a really viable battlefield tool. It has the potential to eventually be much more cost effective than flooding the sky with shrapnel from an Iron Dome (even though that is a good system, for what they're using it for).
    Yeah, that's what they say in the article cost for the electricity. Heck I know they get a lot thrown at them, but even with only one guy manning it labor cost has to be higher than that.

Top Bottom