• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    I just happen to be in McKinney Texas where a CTD storefront is located. I have never bought from them off the web, and now I can say the same for their store. They have a nice store with lots of items and most were priced about the same as the LGS`s, but the AR`s that are "out of stock" online for under $1100.00 are priced at 1999.99 and very much in stock. I would say 25-35 of them on the walls. Managers special this week is a stripped YHM lower for 399.99. Y'all better call before they run out.

I understand it's a business, but WTF.

I must have a totally different meaning to "Cheaper than Dirt"

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The brick and mortar store is NOT the same company as the online store.

cheaperthandirt.com FAQ said:
    Question: Do you have a retail store in Fort Worth, Texas?
    Answer: Cheaperthandirt.com is a catalog company and online retailer only. CTD Outdoor Adventures is a separate company with a retail store located in North Fort Worth, Texas. CTD Outdoor Adventures carries many of the same products (those products where the part number starts with a letter) as Cheaperthandirt.com.

Last edited:

Mephitical

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Lebanon
    This^^^^^^^^^^

The brick and mortar store is now a completely separate entity than the online store. They are owned by 2 completely separate people.

Here is the website for the brick and mortar store. And they do not sell online. CTD Outdoor Adventures

Sorry...I got confused by clicking the link on the web site called "retail store" and it showed the address that I went to. Which was not in ft. Worth.

Gaijin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Actually, there is a retail store for Cheaper Than Dirt (McKinney, TX), and it is not affiliated with Cheaper Than Dirt Outdoor Adventures (Ft Worth). So the OP probably WAS in the store associated w/the website since he said it was in McKinney.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    I made the mistake of ordering brown bear 7.62 from them. The only problem is I didnt notice they were blanks! Selling for the same price as ammunition. After finding this problem, called them and they gave me the "no return" policy as they new exactly what they were doing. So I refused shipment and called my cc company. By refusing shipment they emailed several times very unhappy and said they would refund my cc upon receipt back of the product. Had I accepted the order I would be out over $800 . LESSON LEARNED

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just happen to be in McKinney Texas where a CTD storefront is located. I have never bought from them off the web, and now I can say the same for their store. They have a nice store with lots of items and most were priced about the same as the LGS`s, but the AR`s that are "out of stock" online for under $1100.00 are priced at 1999.99 and very much in stock. I would say 25-35 of them on the walls. Managers special this week is a stripped YHM lower for 399.99. Y'all better call before they run out.

I understand it's a business, but WTF.

I must have a totally different meaning to "Cheaper than Dirt"

But they actually have product on the shelf, if you really needed it and were willing to pay for it. As opposed to several stores that I know of that held their pricing and were cleaned out of all of their products, so you couldn't buy anything there if you wanted to, at any price. Also, these local stores may not survive, as they are not getting restocked and have nothing to sell. Do they just shut their doors? The same quantity of product has to now sustain the owners and their fixed expenses for a longer time. They are losing money.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Sorry...I got confused by clicking the link on the web site called "retail store" and it showed the address that I went to. Which was not in ft. Worth.

I apologize. You are correct. That is the retail side of the website. I have seen many threads complaining about the Ft. Worth location and "their website" that I made an assumption this was the same type of thread.

I guess we see what assumptions do. They take the first three letters of that word and make me one of those.

I think the brick and mortar store might be doing themselves a favor if they changed their name completely...

And I agree completely. I would be changing my name as fast as possible. I certainly would not want to be associated with a business like that.

Top Bottom