• ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I’m looking for the least expensive production ramped barrel.45 ACP 1911. STI’s The Trojan 5.0 MSRPis $1335.00 makes for about $1250 out the door.

I know that there are parts suppliers that I could buy Frame, Slide, and etc. but I don't know their name.

The 3-4 main 1911 manufacturers don't list a ramped barrel in their products. I don't want to get into the $2500-$3000+ pistols. At that price I will go with a custom build getting the bells and whistles I want.

khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I know Para Ordnance double stacks have a ramped barrel, but I am not sure about their single stacks. You might check with them at para-usa.com!

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just a thought, not like I know anything about gun parts or gunsmith work, but you usually tend to get what you pay for. The cheapest may not be the best when you have to replace it with the more expensive one after a short time.
    Just a thought. Good luck to you.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    A ramped barrel for 45 ACP is a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Yup.

But if you want a ramped barrel, STI is the way to go. I love love love my Sentry.

Works as good as my non-ramped TRP, but with a few more features.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I don't see an advantage in the ramped barrel but I'm bumping 68 and just want one. I have been a Colt fan just about for ever. All my 1911 keepers have been Colt except for an STI Perfect 10. I have never been a fan of Kimber. Shot them some, but from the time they came on the market and had growing pains I never wanted one. Springfields come and go along with Sig and S&W. You notice only one ramped barrel.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    para ordnance would be a good choice for the money, if you have a 1911 you could have a ramped barrel fit to the gun, it involves milling out the frame, i perfur a ramped barrel, though it is true you really dont need one, but id say its better to have one feed ramp on the barrel them have two, one on frame, and one on barrel. if they werent better they wouldnt be on glocks and sigs..........

Top Bottom