• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Anyone have the best place in Indy to pick up cheap 9MM ammo? Have a S&W MP 9MM I would like to try out over Thanksgiving. Can you receive better deals on-line?

Thanks in Advance, :patriot:

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Don't Forget Shipping and Insurance Fees when Factoring in the Final Price/Box!!

~Justa heads up...

Just about pulled the trigger on some 9mm ammo at Natchez Shooters Supplies. Really great buy on fifty rounds of PMC 9mm Luger 115gr fmj ($9.99), but after shipping was said and done for qty of five boxes, it just wasn't worth it after shipping and insurance. I looked further, and you would have to buy 10 boxes in order to make the price $11.64/box after shipping/insurance fees. If you purchased twenty boxes, then it comes out to $11.09/box after all said and done. So unless someone really has a personal preference on brand, it looks like Wal-Mart wins again! (Federal $10.99/Box of 50, per guy's reply on this post.)

P.S. I did not go through the entire purchasing process, so I am not sure if you can drop the shipping insurance off or not, which would then make the costs lower than the calculations shown above.

Best Regards,
    ~H~

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Check out Palmetto State Armory for online purchases. Their shipping is $12 for a whole case...

Also, don't be afraid to venture into buying from one of the Professional reloaders aboard. Either from Profire Arms or Precision Cartridge.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I saw a box of 50 at wally for $9.47, don't recall the brand though.

That's the Tula stuff; it's steel cases. The Federal isn't much more expensive, though Federal brass isn't the best for reloading. When Rural King does PMC for $9.99 per box (once a year or so), I stock up on that stuff. They let you get rain checks, too.

Top Bottom