• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    On a serious note, the shovel can be a serious weapon. Seriously. :rolleyes: It was commonly used in the trenches of WWI. I wonder what kind of shovel was used.

this is true, the small collapsible shovel or E-Tool (entrenching tool) is still used today. there are even hand to hand combat techniques using this as an improvised weapon. many soldiers will sharpen the edges of their E-Tool for this very purpose.

entrenching+tool.jpg

billmyn

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   1
    Mar 19, 2009
    New Ross
    great now everyone in Illinois will be packing shovels , bad guys will be out gunned . what next sling shots vs ak47s .

wxchick.h3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Southern IN
    It is sad how we cannot protect ourselves here. I am looking forward to moving to IN. Stories like this happen here all the time with raps and murders and no one can protect themselves. I am glad the guy was there and thought to use the shovel.

MMRUSH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I guess we are a step ahead of the Chicago government/mob. Since I found this in 'new posts' I just now realized that it is in 'general firearms discussion'. Shovels have been promoted to firearms! No new restrictions, just reclassify the tool!
    For sale 1996 craftsman round point shovel no case or paperwork. Less than 25 holes dug with it. :laugh:

Top Bottom