• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    the girlfriend packs a pk380..............tho it is pink, she says her next purchase will be an M&P 9mm. I went with her to buy her first shotgun the other day, and she starts talkin guns with the sales guy...and he kinda just looks surprised....(hes thinkin she kinda knows her stuff) he looks at me and says.....u better hang on to her for a while!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Yeah, I'm going to have to get the book. When I read the article, I thought, "Why didn't *I* think of this!?" So I have a new idea... maybe we should do a portrait book of Indiana Gun Owners! :D

Fairly neutral for a MessNBC article..
    I was impressed that reported on it all- or at least in the light they did.

That was my second thought - "Holy cow, I'm reading this on MSNBC?!"

sonofagun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2011
    Bedford, IN
    My favorite excerpt:

“I learned two main lessons while working on this book,” said McCrum, who divides her time between New York City and California when she isn’t traveling for work. “One is that on the subject of guns, nobody is neutral. And the other is that when you get outside of the blue-state cities, everybody has a gun.”

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My favorite excerpt:

“I learned two main lessons while working on this book,” said McCrum, who divides her time between New York City and California when she isn’t traveling for work. “One is that on the subject of guns, nobody is neutral. And the other is that when you get outside of the blue-state cities, everybody has a gun.”
    Sweetheart, if you go downtown (late at night) in any of those Blue State cities, there are plenty of guns. It is just the law-abiding citizens that don't have them.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    My favorite excerpt:

Nodnod... that was one of my favorites, too.

The other thing that caught my attention - about half the people highlighted were from Cali or NY. Not entirely surprising considering that's where she spends her time, but it raised my eyebrows when you factor in how much of an anti-gun reputation those states have. It makes me wonder where the other women in her book are from.

GunSlinger77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The sad part is that the media and politicians will tell you that if you carry, you are either in the minority or some sort of rebel. I grew up shooting with my dad. So "not" carrying for safety is weird to me!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My favorite excerpt:

...at least those that don't have several.

Sacrifice_Me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I think it's extremely important for "chicks" to realize the reason they want to own a firearm or carry. I know for myself outside of protection, guns are something my father was very fond of and after his passing I have become more curious about them and thank my friend for renewing my interests after all the banter from living in Indiana. I am originally from Texas and it was rare to see a household with out at least one firearm.

As corny as it sounds I think it is truly American to own your own firearm.

ekbarnes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    anaconda-1.jpg
    anaconda-1.jpg

I love revolvers. i do not own a colt anaconda. but it would be great to own one!

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    My wife is wanting a XD 9 subcompact for Christmas. Any suggestions on how she should be carrying? I was thinking IWB and ankle aren't an option, but any thoughts?

Top Bottom