• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Plaid shirt guy was an illegal combatant who murdered the wife and six children of an ARVN Colonel. Within the rules of engagement.
    Eddie Adams apparently thought so too.

Elizabeth Holtzman, Donkey Congresscritter from New York and spiritual grandmother of AOC-ism, tried to have Loan deported for "war crimes". Unfortunately, Holtzman is still converting oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    OxLZi2B.jpg

**** china.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Someone should probably explain it to Biden. He is the one that said we would support them.

And then add the Taiwan Relations Act in the mix. Why do you suppose we are selling them the weapons. I guess we should be watching for a bunch of boycotts and embargoes.

I'm not even saying we should come to rescue them. I'm saying that making statements about supporting them and then backing down when the threats come makes us even weaker, if that's at all possible.

I'm familiar with the '79 act that 'unofficially' recognizes Taiwan in a pretty official way, but there's a gap between supporting independance and saying don't slaughter/wage warfare against your own people. I understand the "dagger aimed at Japan" and all the various arguments. This isn't entirely a new threat, there were rumblings years ago that never materialized into anything.

Much like Ukraine, sanctions and diplomatic penalties are more in line with our national interests than boots on the ground. Especially it's what is essentially the continuation of someone else's civil war.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm familiar with the '79 act that 'unofficially' recognizes Taiwan in a pretty official way, but there's a gap between supporting independance and saying don't slaughter/wage warfare against your own people. I understand the "dagger aimed at Japan" and all the various arguments. This isn't entirely a new threat, there were rumblings years ago that never materialized into anything.

Much like Ukraine, sanctions and diplomatic penalties are more in line with our national interests than boots on the ground. Especially it's what is essentially the continuation of someone else's civil war.
    I guess a good strategy could be looked at like "we'll sell you weaponry" "Go fight your own fight and we'll back your side short of boots on the ground in your civil wars" If you lose you lose. In the meantime we'll try to help you from getting destroyed through sanctions and diplomatic penalties.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom