• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    Got out today with plans of to put the beat down on some geese. Saw lots but they just came off the water and headed out??? Then about 200 ducks came and went until I couldn't stand it anymore so I made a move. We got one goose and two ducks for our efforts...Not what we had in mind but a great time all the same. Headed south to chase them again down in Sullivan/Vigo county. Merry Christmas All!!

40917129162579901491371.jpg

39754929164963561081371.jpg

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    That is one type hunting I have never tried. Looks like a lot of fun, but from what I have heard it is expensive to get into. I have thought about giving it a try though. Have fun hunting down south and good luck.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    We hit a spot today that was loaded yesterday ... 1000+ ducks in one kill hole yesterday. Today was different though, the weather shut it down, but we still managed a decent hunt. Zero wind, bright sun, and ice being made faster than we could break it up. A few birds flew and we did pretty good. Gooseband, Angler103, and myself.

Every year we relocate and band geese in the summer. My buddy, Lance bands them, buddy Pete, myself, and friends capture and relocate. So this goose was extra special. The three of us handled this goose in June of 2010, we captured it and relocated it. Lance banded it as a juvie as we helped. Then 18 months later, almost to the day, with the three of us hunting together, we killed it. Kind of a cool Christmas present. :coolgleam

2011ChristmasEveDoubleBand.jpg

Did OK on some ducks.

Sunny with a greenhead retrieve.

2011ChristmasEveDucks01.jpg

Sunny with a black duck that I shot.

2011ChristmasEveDucks02.jpg

Sunny with our days work ... 3 geese, 10 mallards, 1 black duck, and 1 gadwall. A decent hunt given the weather. Sunny busted her ass breaking ice to get downed birds. She was exhausted and earned a well deserved nap on a thick blanket all afternoon.

2011ChristmasEveDucks03.jpg

Merry Christmas all!

Top Bottom