• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    I've given this idea some thought over the past couple of weeks. I don't know if it the code can be written to facilitate such, but the idea is at least feasible, and has been necessary to specific instances.

1. Classified Advertisements will automatically close after four weeks if the OP does not bump, or otherwise edit said ad.

2. The OP of the ad, must have and maintain space in one's inbox to receive private messages. Failure to ensure and maintain such space, will result in ad closure until said inbox can again receive private messages.

I believe the rational for the above is self explanatory, but if the mods wish for me to expound further upon these recommendations, I will most certainly accommodate such.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I have been thinking that you would make a great mod.

As for the bumping, some of us just dont care to bump and people will find the items by utilizing the search function.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I agree with #2. It can be frustrating when someone places an ad, asking to receive PM's and doesn't check his box or thread for a week or so. As for #1, if someone isn't really in a hurry to make a sale, I see no problem with not bumping. I wouldn't want a thread locked just because someone doesn't bump. I always search the WTS/WTT area for things I'm interested in. Sometimes there are some really good deals in the old stuff.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    After reading the couple of responses, perhaps I should quickly expound upon my suggestions.

IN RE No. 1: Some posters do not bother to close, or notate an ad after the completion of a sale, or otherwise have removed an item for sale. After weeks, or even months, to find an open thread advertising an item, to only ascertain that the item is already gone, or worse, no response....is not only rude, but incredibly frustrating.

I understand that some posters don't care to bump, or otherwise notate their ad; but if the OP wishes to sell the item, the least one could do is give it a quick bump once every couple of weeks to indicate that the OP is still interested in such a sale. Its certainly not an intrusion, considering that the cost to a private seller to advertise on INGO is nothing.

IN RE No. 2: Que is quite correct in his assessment above of a seller's PM inbox. Furthermore, the potential for a classifieds ad violation exists by not having a method to contact the OP directly.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think there should be a limit to the number of stuff you are selling there... like 5 per category. that would keep the mass bumps that you see where one guy is bumping 7 or 8 things and has 10 other things for sale as well.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    As much as I want to limit the amount someone can post in a month (except for advertisers), it will most likely not happen. We've talked about it and decided that the quantity one sells is between them and the ATF. Yes, I know it's annoying to see all of those bumps fill up the page but it would be a nightmare for us to keep track of that. With the quantity that go through the classifieds in a day, it is hard enough to keep up with those. Fortunately we have members who help point out threads that may need some immediate attention.

The new rules will hopefully be put into effect soon. It doesn't cover either item that JBusch mentioned. Site supporters have a larger mailbox than non site-supporters. Upping the amount of space for a non site-supporter will most likely not happen. I will bring up the issue with the staff though.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The new rules are out!! The new rules are out!!

johnson-navin-r_2.jpg

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ew_rules_for_the_classifieds.html#post1115217

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom