• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I've got a Knight's M110 assigned to me and it comes with a "dry" quick detach suppressor which I shoot with most of the time. This thing gets pretty gunked up and I've been instructed to never use liquid of any kind to clean it. However it's been shot in the rain and exposed to the elements multiple times without issue. I'm new to suppressors and am looking for some advice on cleaning the thing. Thanks.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The outside of the can? You can clean that with any gun cleaning solvent. It may smoke when it gets hot, but it won't be damaged.

As far as the internals, you generally don't clean them, though you CAN soak the can in Kroil or Hoppe's. Won't do too much though.

Don't know why they told you to keep liquid off of it, except that you wouldn't want to shoot the can with liquid in it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You will never get all of whatever you put into it back out again. If you put a solvent or cleaning agent in there that dissolves the carbon it will liquefy it then when you lay the suppressor down the solvent will evaporate which will leave behind chunks of carbon which will break free when you shoot it again and alter the sound of the suppression and possibly the suppression level.

Don't clean it. Wipe off the exterior and you can keep a think layer of oil on it to protect it (although that's going to cook off quickly when you shoot it). A centerfire can will blow out excess carbon as you shoot. I have close to 3000 rounds through my SAS .30 cal suppressor and it's never been cleaned and works just fine. I only clean the threads by wiping them off and applying new anti seize periodically. You can clean the attachment point on yours with a dry brush if it gets nasty.

Top Bottom