• ...and so much more!
  • GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    How do you do it?
    I have a friend who after a week his wife got the windex out and shazam there are spots on his screen that aren't going away!
    I got one a couple of months ago and won't let my wife touch it until I find out the right. :dunno: :ingo: :cool:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here ya go.
    [ame]http://www.google.com/search?q=cleaning+a+plasma+tv+screen&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a[/ame]

Most of them say the same thing. No paper products such as paper towels and check your manual. Get a cleaning kit from a retailer, preferably one that comes with a microfibre cloth. No ammonia based cleaner (like Windex).

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have the do not touch rule on both of my tvs... i know one of them had a cleaner kit included with the purchase... not sure what the chemical is, but it came with a microfiber towel :)

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I haven't used any chemicals on my 50" plasma. I only use a microfiber towel and that gets all the smudges or anything on the tv off. Other than that there is nothing because we never touch the tv we have the remote.

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    So, if I have a microfiber cloth (I have a couple bags of them here at work) and maybe a bottle of eyeglass cleaner?
    Smudges on the screen .... My wife decided to show me how much she likes Matthew McCaunaheigh and kissed the screen during a movie. LOL:laugh:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, if I have a microfiber cloth (I have a couple bags of them here at work) and maybe a bottle of eyeglass cleaner?
    Smudges on the screen .... My wife decided to show me how much she likes Matthew McCaunaheigh and kissed the screen during a movie. LOL:laugh:
    I wouldn't use eyeglass cleaner. Might have something harmful in it. Go to a retailer and get some Plasma screen cleaner and use a microfibre cloth on it. And make her keep her lips off the screen.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Most plasma or LCD cleaner is mostly water. The one I've got sitting here is water, anionic tensid (surfactant), and sodium laurel sulfat (basically the soap). The one I've got right here is Phillips Screen cleaning gel for plasma & LCD.

It works ok...best way to avoid crap on the TV is to just not touch it.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    we have had our bottle of cleaner for 3 years and usually wipe our tv off at least once a month because our house is really dusty. so the 10 or so bux will take you a long way.

Top Bottom