• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    What are you guys using to clean your sharpmaker stones. I haven't found much in the way of cleaners with out bleach in them. one i have i like is bon ami. Bon Ami. its not to bad. but i cant get the stones super clean wit it. i still see some metal marks on it. i may need a rougher cleaning pad. I'm using one like this 3M US: Product Catalog:*All Purpose Cleaning Pad. but a American made:patriot: mejier brand version

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    One of the keys in cleaning, is to make sure that your rods are completely wet. Soak them in warm water for few minutes before you start the cleaning process. Use a green scotchbrite pad and some cleaner like comet, soft scrub, or Bar Keeper's Friend. Also, I have heard that lemon juice works well with a scotchbrite pad.

If this doesn't work, just throw them in the dishwasher, your Spyderco rods are dishwasher safe!!! :):

Note: I'm not kidding about the rods being dishwasher safe, it even states in the instructions that they are.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i just use comet and a green scotchbrite pad, get it wet(the pad) use a good amount of commet, and scrub, no trouble cleaning them for me, BUT i dont let them get super dark before i clean them

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    From Buck knives site.
    HOW TO CLEAN AND CARE FOR YOUR SHARPENING STONE

Use a little extra fluid to clean and dry the sharpener after every use. Store carefully. Glossy grey streaks are a good indicator of debris build-up. Clean the sharpener thoroughly.

• If using water or water-based honing oil, clean with soapy water.
    • If using petroleum-based honing oil, use the same oil or kerosene.
    • To scrub clean, use your finger or an old toothbrush.
    • Do not drop your sharpener. Being made of stone, it may break or chip.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Ajax and a scouring pad. If I'm lazy and they aren't all that bad I just throw them in the dishwasher.

Top Bottom