• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    I am currently attending IUK to earn my Bachelor's of Education. However, I have a passion for purchasing new guns. This does bite into my college budget. I just bought a Romanian Tokarev and it fires like a beast :) Yet, I still want more. Is there anyone else out there attending college that has this problem?? :hooked:

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes
    im in my 3rd year at vincennes university and im constantly broke. i have a very well paying internship i work over breaks but as soon as i get the money i spen it on either guns, ammo, or hunting stuff. now i want a motorcycle something fierce. i have caviar tastes with a ramen noodle budget.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Motorcycles are a VERY SERIOUS addiction. Much worse than firearms. I did the gun thing for many years (still do it) and then somebody let me ride their motorcycle. I am now hopelessly addicted to adrenaline. A nerve will grow between your throttle hand and your brain and your brain cannot get enough. More! More! More! Doomed I tell you.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Absolutely the same problem!! Every time I used to buy a new firearm, I'd think, "This is fills my need for guns for now. I won't need another one for a long time." This is always promptly followed by the urge for another firearm that I fall in love with. Now, I don't even try to fool myself with that line anymore...

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Motorcycles are a VERY SERIOUS addiction. Much worse than firearms. I did the gun thing for many years (still do it) and then somebody let me ride their motorcycle. I am now hopelessly addicted to adrenaline. A nerve will grow between your throttle hand and your brain and your brain cannot get enough. More! More! More! Doomed I tell you.

I'm also attending IUK and this ^^^, is my problem. I'm down to three bikes....but another VFR is in my crosshairs!

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    im in my 3rd year at vincennes university and im constantly broke. i have a very well paying internship i work over breaks but as soon as i get the money i spen it on either guns, ammo, or hunting stuff. now i want a motorcycle something fierce. i have caviar tastes with a ramen noodle budget.

That last sentence fits me as well :ar15: I have wanted a bike for some time and passed up a deal, for a few old shotguns. But should wait til spring lol

D ReedSniper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Absolutely the same problem!! Every time I used to buy a new firearm, I'd think, "This is fills my need for guns for now. I won't need another one for a long time." This is always promptly followed by the urge for another firearm that I fall in love with. Now, I don't even try to fool myself with that line anymore...

I have almost purchased many that way :) I'm glad that you able to tell yourself no. Gun shows are like hell for me :draw::draw:

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    College student here. I brew beer, autocross, modify my car, build speakers and subwoofers, build computers, and the big one...have a girlfriend. I'm bled dry constantly.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    College student here. I brew beer, autocross, modify my car, build speakers and subwoofers, build computers, and the big one...have a girlfriend. I'm bled dry constantly.

similar here, building my bmw for the grassroot motorsports challenge, almost finished with my 4 year rebuild of one of the last true sho's, and have 2 other cars, plus food, bills, etc.......that severely cuts into my guns & ammo budget......:):

good thing I'm single at the present time, or I'd be vastly in debt

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Spoiled kids! I wish my issue in college was being able to afford firearms. My issue was affording books and food.

(Kut still can't look at ramen noobles and pringles without throwing up.)

forkliftdave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    madison
    When my daughter goes to college she will be packing! But remember old dad has a bigger gun and a short fuse. So warn your frat buddies. Hand off my little girl. Lol im all for you guys with guns

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Spoiled kids! I wish my issue in college was being able to afford firearms. My issue was affording books and food.

(Kut still can't look at ramen noobles and pringles without throwing up.)

Oh I'm far from a kid. And I am with you on the ramen noodles! In my younger college days I ate many, many a package of those. Book fees severely ate into the noodle budget too!

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    GI Bill pays for along with full time job seems to do the trick. Still wish I had more money for all the guns I want but the wait just makes it more special.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I have the same problem at purdue. I've gotten to the point where I purposly avoid avoid the INGO classifieds so that I don't spend anymore money on guns. Unfortanately great deals that I can't pass up, just seem to find me when I'm broke.

BURNSURVIVOR725

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Vincennes

That nerve has been there since i got my first dirtbike when i was 6. after 4 dirtbikes i went to quads. my '03 z400 is for sale to feed the same nerve in my right foot. im CLOSE to paying my car off and that will let me do it. then i can make it faster :D

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I'm in the opposite position as some of you. I grew up on bikes so my addiction has switched to guns. Let me tell you, being in college while having this addiction is still really rough. BUT, a $500 Glock is much cheaper than a new Yamaha R1. Glad to be on this side of the fence lol

Top Bottom