• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody have one of these? Mark IV Stainless Gold Cup with slightly ported barrel and slide? May be trading for one if it's worth it and really shoots well. I appreciate any feedback!!!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i dont do pretty guns, my guns are tools. that said the one pretty gun ive always wanted was a gold cup.

i have no actual experiance or advise, just a comment

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have one before the "mark" series came out.. It's blued and was born in 1969. It is a colt gold cup national match. It is the most accurate semi auto I've ever shot.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    I have a series 80 that I really love to shoot, just make sure someone hasn't put a light recoil spring in it to shoot target loads with, if your going to shoot regular hardball type loads. Did you say it was ported?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I have a series 80 that I really love to shoot, just make sure someone hasn't put a light recoil spring in it to shoot target loads with, if your going to shoot regular hardball type loads. Did you say it was ported?

Good tips thanks, yes it has small ports towards the front of the slide. I'm not all pumped about ports but it's a pretty gun.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County

Gold Cups now come with two recoil springs, one for light loads and one for heavy. I've had five Gold Cups, one in 10mm and four in .45. All great shooters, but the newest one was produced since Colt upgraded to CNC equipment. It has by far the best fit/finish of all five.
    butterflys001.jpg

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If your Gold Cup is ported then they sent it out to have it done. I don't believe that Colt has ever ported any 1911s. Keep a close eye on the little pin that holds the rear sight to the slide. Gold Cups have always had a tendency to shuck their rear sights off. Gold Cups have always come with two springs from the factory. (they get lost) One for ball and one for wadcutters. If you shoot ball ammo make sure you have the heavier of the two (or a new 16 LB. spring installed.) Enjoy.

Billcurtis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Pike County
    Anybody have one of these? Mark IV Stainless Gold Cup with slightly ported barrel and slide? May be trading for one if it's worth it and really shoots well. I appreciate any feedback!!!
    I have a buddy that owns a gold cup, he bought it in 1962, and carried it three tours in Viet Nam. I shot this pistol when he bought it and last week, it still is the easiest pistol for me to shoot. It is almost like having radar guided bullets. I have been trying to swindle him out of this pistol since he bought it, and of course there is no way I will ever get it, but he brings it out and teases me with it once in a while. His is blued and has lots of holster wear, but remains the best pistol to have if your life depends on it.

Bill...

Top Bottom