• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    Combat Focus Shooting class near Newburg IN. Aug 16-17. I have been wanting to attend one of these classes for some time now and who would have thought they are having one at my home range. Still some slots left. 2 day class, 1000 rounds bring water and your lunch. Rain or shine.

Combat Focus Shooting

Regular price is $400 contact me on how to get a half price deal. This is worth calling in sick to work. I will be there.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Is the instructor Rob Pincus or someone else?

I cant remember the guy's name but it wasnt Rob Pincus. I am pretty sure he said Rob designed the course and he was a certified trainer.

I met the guy at the range with Mudcat but he(the instructor) was soft spoken and I am not even sure I heard what his name was.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    James Ashby was the instructor. Great class I am pretty beat and have tons to do to get ready for a shoot this weekend. I hope to get an AAR up but it will most likely be next week with all I have to do.
    Short and sweet is very good principles I know I am a better shooter now. I have a ton of stuff to work on to improve even more. I will be doing drills from this class for a long time on my own.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    James Ashby was the instructor. Great class I am pretty beat and have tons to do to get ready for a shoot this weekend. I hope to get an AAR up but it will most likely be next week with all I have to do.
    Short and sweet is very good principles I know I am a better shooter now. I have a ton of stuff to work on to improve even more. I will be doing drills from this class for a long time on my own.

Agreed... it was incredible and humbling but I know what I have to work on to be better. I am flat beat and am still processing everything we went over but it was something everybody that considers themselves a shooter should take.

I had forgotten I brought a few extra rounds so I shot right at 1100+ rounds and that gave me a ton of experience with a gun that I hadn't really worked with that much and it gave me a great impression of the M&P9 that I used. 1100 rounds, no cleaning and my only issues were 3 failure to extract and I think it was due to some reloaded ammo on my part since I couldn't get the gun to do it again once I marked a few magazines that it was doing it with.

I'll still be recalling things but I have some very good training focus points to work on and my next range visit should be very fruitful. Can't say enough good things about the course...heck it could have been 3 days long!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Dang. I didn't remember this being offered. I was at Red Brush Monday to sight in a new Crimson Trace on a new G22. Were you guys the ones in one of the bays shooting at target just a few paces away?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    We were on Bay 2 on Tuesday and Wednesday but it is possible James had something going on Monday there.
    I think it was Tuesday. My wife and I were the couple using the restrooms. We always wear our ears because of the rifle range. We probably look kinda kinky but don't all married couples use electronic ear muffs while in the bath room:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think it was Tuesday. My wife and I were the couple using the restrooms. We always wear our ears because of the rifle range. We probably look kinda kinky but don't all married couples use electronic ear muffs while in the bath room:D

It would only be kinky if you turn the sensitivity way up to hear what is going on in the other stall.

SpiralTragedy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hello. I am that James guy. I am glad to see interest in the program and all of the AARs.

I got involved with Combat Focus Shooting in 2006 because I was looking for training that didn't leave me feeling unsure of what I was doing. I wanted a professional to tell me what to do and why because what I had been getting was try it and see if you like it.... if it works for you. When I found CFS I immediately recognized the value in it. The science gives you the why and how. A few years later I became a CFS instructor.

If any one wants to know more about CFS drop me a line or visit firstactionselfdefense.com I have 3 more courses this year.

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    ...and I'm that Rob Pincus guy.... But you knew that because I don't use a code name... ;)

Thanks for spreading the program with integrity, James! And thanks to the students for posting their thoughts on the forum.

The CFS Program has grown dramatically over the past few years. James is one of a few dozen Certified Instructorswho are actively teaching around the United States.

Rob

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    ...and I'm that Rob Pincus guy.... But you knew that because I don't use a code name... ;)

Thanks for spreading the program with integrity, James! And thanks to the students for posting their thoughts on the forum.

The CFS Program has grown dramatically over the past few years. James is one of a few dozen Certified Instructorswho are actively teaching around the United States.

Rob

Welcome back to that Rob Pincus guy! Any trips to Indiana in the near future?

Top Bottom