• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    I wanted to share this info with the members here.... perhaps we'll see some of you at the event. The information below is from the course host.
    -RJP

Combat Focus Shooting & Advanced Pistol Handling
    With Rob Pincus
    I.C.E Training
    Description:
    This 2 day program combines the curriculum of the Combat Focus Shooting Course with much of the Two Day Advanced Pistol Handling Program into one 1200+ round course.
    In addition to exploring the principles and fundamentals of the Combat Focus Program and numerous drills to help students develop a better understanding of the Balance between Speed & Precision, this course will cover the techniques of 360 degree presentation from the holster, one handed (strong & weak) weapons handling, unorthodox shooting positions and much more.
    This course is features a significant amount time discussing what happens during dynamic encounters and dissecting each shooters performance. We will also expose students to making the most out of any range session to keep tactical pistol training in context!
    Details:
    Date: 5/26 – 5/27
    Cost: $410
    Ammunition: 1200 to 1500 rounds
    For more information, and registration, go to I.C.E. Training. A deposit of $110.00 will hold a space, with the balance due 15 days before class date.

This course is an excellent training opportunity, it will offer you opportunities to develop new skills, and hone the skills you already have. Whether you have taken a course like this before or just getting started with your shooting skills there is something to offer anyone.

Stay tuned to DRTG for info on this and other upcoming courses. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Jeff Tinsley
    E-mail: info@drtg.net

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I did a half day version of combat focus pistol with Rob in February at the winter tactical conference in Memphis. Mr. Pincus is one of the best communicators in the industry. I was positively impressed by his ability to articulate the techniques and concepts he teaches, especially why he believes in them. Before I spent that brief time with him, I believed much of what I learned. Now I understand more fully why I believe those ideas. In addition, Rob's concepts of combat accuracy, combat effectiveness, and efficiency make a lot of sense.

You will also get some excellent drills that I've not done in other classes.

I recommend this class and any others with Rob Pincus/ICE without reservation. If you can be there, you should not miss it. I don't think I can make it, but if I can, I will be there.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I used to shoot at the Nappanee range with the course host once a week. Been lax the last few years with work and some health issues, but I really want to start going again. I might try to register for this course depending on how things go with my health and finances.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i have to agree with the rhino. i was in the same short course with rob and was quite impressed with his presentation. i fully intend to train with rob again. just the few hours we spent with him has had a great impact on my own training. i give full credit to rob, of course.

if any of you get the chance to train with rob, or even converse with him, do so. he is one of the few who doesn't start a class with a detailed reading of his resume'.

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback guys... I am looking forward to the course in IN!

I just finished 2 sessions at IALEFI's Annual Training Conference and the program continues to evolve and be very well received.

Here is some feedback from a course 2 weeks ago that was the same outline as we will have in Nappanee:

Summary: A Great Class. Many thanks to Rob for coming and teaching us!

A few things that I learned:

1. One of us was having a really hard time doing the drills. The gun they had required that they decock it when returning it to the holster. Unfortunately, their hand was too small to do this without great discomfort and modifying the grip significantly. In addition, in order for their trigger finger to reach the trigger they needed to use a modified (improper) hold on the grips/handle. Luckily, the assembled shooters had enough extras to outfit that student with a loaner and they had a *MUCH* better time for the rest of the class.

*** Your gun must fit you. If you find yourself having to make lots of
    *** strange contortions in order to manipulate the various parts of the
    *** gun that is the WRONG GUN for you.

2. From around the 10' foot range we all were shooting combat accurate groups without focussing on the front site using the stance that Rob was teaching. Knowing that we can do that will significantly improve our effectiveness in that "Oh ****" moment. As we moved back we needed to slow down to make the hits, adding more and more deviation control.

3. Making hits while actually "on the move" was VERY difficult. We did a drill where we had to draw and fire and run a few steps left or right off-the-X all at the same time. This drill was to simulate the movement necessary when the conflict is within two arms lengths distance (the only drill done for this range – this was NOT a Close Quarters Combat class, like the Southnarc class later this year (be there)). Almost uniformly, the hits were poor. Draws from concealment were fumbled. A LOT more practice is needed in this area.

In general, outside of that two-arm distance, the answer to “not moving and shooting at the same time” was a one-step to the left or right off of the line between the shooter and the bad guy and then stop and make the hits.

-Doug

Thanks for a wonderful class. To say that the class was thought provoking would be a gigantic understatement.
    Some folks has described his approach as point shooting with a different name. They are wrong. I can tell you that his approach works, although there are a few minor parts of his approach that I disagree with. He teaches a very fast class and the ammo count is high (1200 rounds in 2 days). His focus is the "aw-****" moment when you get attacked in spite of all of your perfect awareness. It was a great class with a lot of very good shooters. It was tough trying to do everything that he wanted and still try to out shoot the guys on either side of you.

I want to thank Rob Pincus of I.C.E. and NE Shooters for bringing world class training to New England.

I personally fired 950 rounds of 9mm, 450 rounds of .45 and 5 rounds of .38(don't ask)

Rob shared many excellent drills. Most importantly, he articulated why and how we should present our defensive irons when confrontation occurs at 6ft + while constantly "being in our heads".

Take Rob's class. He is a most memorable instructor and can back up his methodology. I hold him in very high regard with the likes of John Peterson, Clint Smith and Michael De bethencourt!

In closing, consider reading Dave Grossman's books in addition to I.C.E. training. You will find that Rob gives greater meaning to Grossman's studies.

-Jon

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Turns out the just because their are a lot of words that LOOK German, there are exactly ZERO beer gardens in Nappanee....

But the course was a great time!

Rob Pincus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Will do, guys. I believe that we might be able to put another course on the schedule for next spring. We are also looking at the possibility of a last minute one-day CFS course just north of you in Grand Rapids, Michigan in mid-July.

Thanks for the interest!

-RJP

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    How about a one day course for INGO members around Indianapolis somewhere. (board members are from all over the state but that is a central location) I put together a one day 12 person class that happens this Saturday and there was a wait list. Everyone participating is a board member. Can you PM me or point me to a link about hosting you guys. We have got a good group here interested in good training.

Mike

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As the host, I guess maybe I should post something, right.

Sorry I didn't know about this board sooner or I'd have put up a course announcement myself.

Hopefully, we will be working something out to host again in the spring. Once I'm back from my little offshore adventure I'll try and get something going.

We had a great time, learned a lot of new information, shoot a whole bunch (read about 1500 ea.) of rounds.

Incidentally Rob, I have found a place for you to get a beer and a game of pool. Does your wife still think we were at a beer garden?

Tinman....

Top Bottom