• ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    [video=youtube_share;aw444AyMjxI]http://youtu.be/aw444AyMjxI[/video]​

The shooter is my 10 year old grand son. This was the first time he has ever been shooting. He had a few problems with the bolt but by the end of the day he was working it like a champ. He also shot a Ruger 22/45 with a can, a Mossberg MVP bolt action 5.56 with a can and 5.56 SBR without a can. We would have shot more but it started raining a lot harder. Next time we'll work on form and accuracy. We had paper targets at 25, 50 and 100 yards. He kept switching between the targets in the video.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    In the video it's all the same can. The others are a mix with only the can on the 22/45 being "store bought".

Oh, sorry, I'm referring to the OP talking about shooting other guns with cans:

The shooter is my 10 year old grand son. This was the first time he has ever been shooting. He had a few problems with the bolt but by the end of the day he was working it like a champ. He also shot a Ruger 22/45 with a can, a Mossberg MVP bolt action 5.56 with a can and 5.56 SBR without a can. We would have shot more but it started raining a lot harder. Next time we'll work on form and accuracy. We had paper targets at 25, 50 and 100 yards. He kept switching between the targets in the video.

I guess what I'm asking is has the op built other versions of this can?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    LOL I am the OP. I've built multiple cans using about the same parts. I've not built a 30 cal can yet as I only have 1 gun that it would work on. Are you looking for input on a particular caliber or style?

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    LOL I am the OP. I've built multiple cans using about the same parts. I've not built a 30 cal can yet as I only have 1 gun that it would work on. Are you looking for input on a particular caliber or style?

LOL hey, you are!

I am looking for input. I read this and went looking at parts and vids on how they worked. It seems way too easy and cheap to be real. I'm in the market for a 30 cal. and I'm thinking about doing one of these. I've blown more money than that on a gamble that's for sure.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've built two cans very similar to Dan's and they work great. I don't think I'll ever buy another unless it's a big leap in technology.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    LOL hey, you are!

I am looking for input. I read this and went looking at parts and vids on how they worked. It seems way too easy and cheap to be real. I'm in the market for a 30 cal. and I'm thinking about doing one of these. I've blown more money than that on a gamble that's for sure.
    It's surprising how well they work. A 30 cal can will work well on a 5.56/.223. You can use it for .22LR but it's such a dirty round I built dedicated cans for 22. Login Required | SD Tactical Arms has a ton of info.
    I've built two cans very similar to Dan's and they work great. I don't think I'll ever buy another unless it's a big leap in technology.

And a decrease in cost!

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    It's surprising how well they work. A 30 cal can will work well on a 5.56/.223. You can use it for .22LR but it's such a dirty round I built dedicated cans for 22. Login Required | SD Tactical Arms has a ton of info.

And a decrease in cost!

Let's get something clear. I have little self control when it comes to this stuff. You're all responsible...

Form 1 filed :n00b:

Top Bottom