• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I picked up an old bow on a whim, Bear Trophy Master; does anyone know what the minimum draw weight on this bow can be adjusted to?
    It says it was set to 50# from the factory, which to my understanding would be peak poundage. I'm trying to get it down to a minimum so my wife or son could use it for targets. Could the cams be changed as well to reduce draw weight? I have the limb screws set 3 full turns out from all the way in, but niether of them can pull it. I'm hoping this wasn't a waste of money.
    Thanks.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    If 50 was the max then 40 is all Id take it down to. I would check it on a pull scale and see where your at. This is one I found on Archery talk and it says 40lbs.
    attachment.php

attachment.php

If its 40 you might get it down to 30. Just guessin but I'd definetly scale it and see where it's at now.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks for the input. I guess i'll have to take it in to cabelas or something since i don't have one of those pull scales.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Would imagine 35 to 65#. At least that is how it normally goes....but it is hard to tell how it was previously set too. How loose do the limbs look compared to the screws to the riser? Also do the limbs list poundage? It is normally 10-15# either way of the limbs.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    The limbs don't look that loose at 3 turns out. There is a factory sticker on it with the pounds written in as 50.

Top Bottom