• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • carry4me

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Trying to decide on a conceal carry combination. I currently have a full size sig 229 and it is too large for me to carry IWB when I wear a dress shirt with no jacket. What combinations have worked for you?

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    What do you mean by too big? You print? Pant's waist is tight? Gun feels "heavy" on the lighter material of dress pants?

Depending on the "rig", a lot of problems can be eliminated. The Crossbreed Super Tuck (or the clones) can disperse the weight better than some single point IWBs. If the waist is tight, then you either need bigger pants or a smaller stomach.;)

I buy pants a little bigger in the waist to allow for IWB CC.

Look at the top of page 9, SMHurt's post/pic on this thread. Maybe that's what you're looking for.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_issues_and_self_defense/186660-what_do_you_ccers_do_at_restaurants-9.html

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    1911 is the easiest concealing handgun ever imo (minus the tiny little mouse guns, etc).

Even a government 1911 will disappear when carrying IWB. I have found the Commander 1911 (especially with a bobtail) is a great way to go.

But I admit I prefer 1911s to Glocks, M&Ps, etc

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I carry a government model 1911 or a SIG P228 IWB. I think both of these are fine choices. A tucked-in dress shirt and pants without any type of covering jacket or vest is going to be challenging to conceal IWB regardless, what with the pesky grip and all. :)

Pocket mouse gun is a viable alternative for when you can't cover at all. And of course there is always OC.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a government model 1911 or a SIG P228 IWB. I think both of these are fine choices. A tucked-in dress shirt and pants without any type of covering jacket or vest is going to be challenging to conceal IWB regardless, what with the pesky grip and all. :)

Pocket mouse gun is a viable alternative for when you can't cover at all. And of course there is always OC.

I have to wear dress clothes to work every day. Dress pants with a tucked dress shirt. The Crossbread Supertuck makes my Glock 26 disappear. The G26 isn't a pocket gun by any means. The G26 has a shorter grip so you don't have to worry about printing.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Curious. I hear about the Supertuck all the time. I'm a big fan of my rig, but the butt of the gun still protrudes above the belt line, visible if I don't cover. I assume the Supertuck allows for the tail of the shirt to come over the butt of the Glock, yet still tuck into the belt?

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Curious. I hear about the Supertuck all the time. I'm a big fan of my rig, but the butt of the gun still protrudes above the belt line, visible if I don't cover. I assume the Supertuck allows for the tail of the shirt to come over the butt of the Glock, yet still tuck into the belt?

Yes. The clips are secured around your belt and secured towards the bottom of the holster allowing you to tuck your shirt between the clips and your holster. Meaning your shirt is tucked in like you would with out the rig. There is no bunched up shirt where the rig is. If you look on CrossBreed.com you can view how the system works. + lifetime warrenty + american made!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have a SuperTuck as well, for my Springfield XD sub-compact. Yes, the grip is the problem, but you can usually work around it. I've concealed in Dockers/slacks and a dress shirt many times. You'll need to "blouse" the shirt a bit, and wear it a little loose, but it works. If you wear "fitted" shirts, it could be a problem.

That Sig 229 will be a challenge with the tall grip. Cant it forward (the SuperTuck is adjustable) and push it low in the belt line, and it might work out.

Oh, and the Supertuck can be had with velcro "clips", used with a velcro-lined belt, that do away with the obvious belt clips.

Another option is a SmartCarry, but I don't have any experience with it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a Sig p226 in .40 that i somtimes carry IWB in a Galco "summer comfort" model holster and its been pretty easy to hide. I just think the P226 is too heavy for EDC.

You will need to go a pants size bigger if you plan to carry IWB comfortably. Im a Size 34 waist but always buy size 36 pants and a few good belts will be an order also. I will suggest Duluth trading company or Galco. Ive got belts From both and they are great quality for the money.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I put my 1911 in my Maxpedition bag. I have to wear nice cloths at my job so wearing a gun is not a good option in a business environment. I can fit plenty of extra clips in it. I can even hide it inside the side storage spaces.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I would look into a crossbreed super tuck or similar. I have a Galco kingtuck which is the same design and it conceals very well. I use it for an FNP.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I can't seem to carry anything IWB, or OWB even..

I'm a big guy, but I have no hips, and no ass.. my pants have trouble staying up on their own let alone with a couple pounds of gun weighing them down.

I only pocket carry anymore. Keltec PF9 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    When I need to deep conceal I wear a belly band up high with the gun under my arm as if in a shoulder rig. It disappears and I can get to it in a hurry.

GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    When I can't conceal my G26 I carry a Bodyguard 380. You might consider it.

Just wondering when you haven't been able to conceal the G26? I have mine in a CB holster I've concealed in everything from dress cloths, summer cloths, and even gym cloths. I haven't ran into a situation where I've had an issue with concealing my G26.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    When I can't conceal my G26 I carry a Bodyguard 380. You might consider it.

Buy a MIC universal holster from glocktech. If you can't conceal your 26 in any kind of clothing I would be surprised. I can conceal my 19 in well......I haven't found anything I couldn't conceal it in yet. Try it out, if you don't like it your only out $20.

Top Bottom