• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Basically I got a broken nose and broken knuckle and the guy got a fractured eye socket so it wasn't "Just a scuffle" according to the Arresting Officer, the cop said he had to arrest me because I was bleeding everywhere. The other guy was resisting arrest the whole time and I surrendered right away.... I just think the justice system has turned into an assembly line, few officers or judicial employees can give a **** anymore.

silverbullet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    While it sucks that you got into trouble for trying to do the right thing, a lot of people here will agree the best course of action is to just stay out of other people's problems.

Realizing you may be armed and ready, but if one of your loved ones had been the one in trouble, you would have a lot to thank them for if someone else had stepped in and made a difference.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Nice job stepping in. Most people would not probably because of what happened to you.

I have to say that there must be more to the story. If the girl has marks on her then it would be appearent that she was being assaulted even if she didn't press charges. YOu could claim shelf defense if you were indeed defending yourself. But I think that you have a few issues here.

1. Police were not called first
    2. There were two of you so you could have restrained him possibly without the fight.
    3. Police must have felt that you and your friend took it further than was necessary to stop the assault.

Truely sorry this happened to you. I would hope that I would have done the same thing. it seems that the bad guys are the ones that bet break after break.

I chased down a drunk driver once after he crashed into a car in front of me. When I caught him outside a liquor store we gat into a bit of a scuffle from me trying to stop him from getting back in the car. But I did call 911 before the scuffle insued. When the sheriffs pulled up we were somewhat going at it. The sheriff shook my hand and told me they wish there were more people like me.

Well, there are.. It's just when some of us do it we get pinched. Then the police, the public and the judges wonder why people are reluctant to put their self in harms way for someone else.

I hope this doesn't deter you from being a man who is willing to step in when YOU feel you need to.

The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Well we restrained him and he said he was done fighting then as soon as we let him go he jacked me in the nose with a left hook so after that I was done being civil, I was more reserved about the whole situation than even a officer would have been until he hit me. All we did was grab his arms and told him we were just trying to help.

BryanM&P

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    its amazing to me that the cops werent around to see or hear. because when im down in broadripple there are usually about 800 it seems like. good for you though for doing the right thing. i hope it works itself out

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Basically I got a broken nose and broken knuckle and the guy got a fractured eye socket so it wasn't "Just a scuffle" according to the Arresting Officer, the cop said he had to arrest me because I was bleeding everywhere. The other guy was resisting arrest the whole time and I surrendered right away.... I just think the justice system has turned into an assembly line, few officers or judicial employees can give a **** anymore.

Thanks for the generalization. I believed your account of the incident until the above quoted post. You and/or your buddy fractured someone's eye socket, but all you were charged with was Disorderly Conduct? You could have come away with Aggravated Battery, or simple Battery at the least. What was the other guy charged with?

The Gavman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    The other guy was charged with felony battery because he had a prior domestic battery and several other misdemeanors. I know its all hearsay but I didn't hit him until he hit me we just removed his hand from the girls throat and told him were were just trying to help him and keep him from getting in trouble but he wasn't having it. I think they said he blew a .17 so he was definitely blitzed and was belligerent to police and passerby. My charges are being dropped but the arrest is still going to be on my record and I have to take an anger management class...I am one of the calmest people you will ever meet I am always the mediator and the one time I am passionate about something I get shafted, all I am is a full time college student who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and I feel like a thug now I know in the scheme of things an arrest isn't a big deal but it really bothers me.

Top Bottom