• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    Was browsing the internet and ran across these videos. I help run a multi-gaming first person shooter clan, and realized long ago that proper cover technique, even in incredibly unrealistic video games, always make the difference between living and dying. So I thought I'd post the same videos here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKhMOfaYwvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w22M1DAQ59I

It's all one video, but unfortunately, there's a segment or two missing. But even so, some really good information.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Was browsing the internet and ran across these videos. I help run a multi-gaming first person shooter clan, and realized long ago that proper cover technique, even in incredibly unrealistic video games, always make the difference between living and dying. So I thought I'd post the same videos here.

Huh?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Concealment: is used to conceal yourself from a threat, but does not provide ballistic protection. Cover: is used to both conceal and provide ballistic protection from a threat!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Concealment: is used to conceal yourself from a threat, but does not provide ballistic protection. Cover: is used to both conceal and provide ballistic protection from a threat!
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ One of the FIRST things, taught, in the Military ..... Cover, and Concealment, Aye, Aye, Sir !!!!!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

How do you call when you are behind a bulletproof glass then? :dunno:
    You are protected from bullets yet you are not concealed because they can see you thru the glass.

It's not concealment nor is is cover from what you say. :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Like this video shows cover depends on the type of gun.
    What could be cover against a handgun could be only concealment against a RPG.

SonOfLiberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    "Anything man-made can be unmade." The same is true of natural- (terrain-)based cover and concealment, of course, but I'd rather be behind a berm than a concrete wall if someone is shooting at me, regardless of the weapon.

dead2rights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Thanks for posting these Capulet! Good info. :yesway:

What's the name of your clan and what systems do you play on?

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    another aspect of this in reguards to my military career is Defilade. When in a position of Defilade, you obtain cover and concealment to a point that a high angle fire weapon is necessary to hit your position(ie mortars, mk 19 or high elevated shooting positions). while concealment and cover are great, defilade is the premium position to aquire in order to mitigate contact from enemy fire.
    Just my 2 cents

phidelt208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    I did counter strike for years, in its time it was a great game. On a PC
    still have a few screen shots of when it was back in bata. Now its a bit out dated, and there are two many people cheating.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Concealment and cover is a luxury that is seldom afforded during a CQB altercation. Light, Movement, and Angles are your friends.- George

Top Bottom