• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    I just found out I am talking my 15 year old Granddaughter and friend to the concert at the Conseco tonight.

Any info on best place to drop them off and pick them up. I will not be attending the concert with them?

Will probably going to the State Fair first and then to the Field House, best route?

Any other suggestions or thoughts?

TIA

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Probably easiest route would be 38th st. From fairgrounds west to meridian st. South to downtown. Just before you get to Monument Circle, turn left ( east) on Ohio ( I think), go a block or two to Pennsylvania st then right ( south) on Penn. Conseco will be about 3 or 4 blocks down on the left. If your not getting out of your car, you can drop them right at the entrance. When you pick up, you may have some trouble with the crowds, but try to pick up in the same place or if you are coming back up from the south, Delaware st is on the east side of Conseco, ( one way north bound). Penn. Is one way south. Sorry, but I would have some concern with them finding you after the show, try to park, then meet them inside the building if at all possible!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Keep in mind that you will not be allowed to stop along Delaware street to pick up. Police and security try to keep traffic moving there as this is where the parking garage exits and people stopping along the curb fouls up traffic pretty good. Parking and meeting them is a much better idea. The lot just East of the parking garage on Maryland and Alabama is usually not full and is cheaper than the garage. They may not even charge you. It is a one block walk and with the amount of people that will be present is as safe as possible. There is a large concrete patio area at the East exit that would make a good meeting place.

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    THANKS!

with that info and Google maps the girls have instructions-directions and pictures of where I will be parked. I will try to meet them out front on foot but if not they will know where the car is and have keys so we all have a meeting place!!!

Hanu

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2011
    Just a suggestion: make sure you have contact information for the friend's parents. A friend of mine dropped off his daughter and her friend for an event. The friend had made prior arrangements to meet up with a boy and leave with him, to return in time to be picked up. They didn't return and my friend had no way to contact the parents. He was hesitant to leave the pick up location in case the girl returned, but eventually had to drive to the girls home in order to tell her parents. It got ugly.

Even without deception, it's a good idea to have the contact info.

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    Great idea, I think I will take pictures of the girls before I drop them off and will get all the contact info from the friend,

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    All went well

Thanks to the suggestions and information all went well and I was not a total nervous wreck waiting and wondering.

Downtown at 5:00 (girls wanted to get there early) was a traffic nightmare, dropped them off, went to have dinner and then waited in the parking lot across from the County Jail.

was interesting watching the comings and goings

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom