• Total voters

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    Hello,
    I am considering getting a Huntertown Arms .22 suppressor. The Guardian 22 seems like their standard and most popular model. What about the Guardian 22 XL? What about the Ti? How does the Micro compare? Which is the best for cleaning, weight, sound performance?
    I would like to go with Huntertown, being an Indiana company and providing a low cost, no frills product.
    Thanks

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I have a newer HTA guardian and I like it. It suppresses well and came at a great price.

Having said that, I won't be buying anymore. The only way I'll buy anything else from HTA is if it's at an irresistible close out price where the risk is worth it.

They've pretty much proved everywhere that they don't care about their customers.

We go through too much in the NFA game to give our money to companies like that.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    If you're set on Huntertown, get the Ti.

I am a current owner of a Huntertown product. I would recommend that you look at other options.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I said SS.
    I have/had a Guardian, then decided to upgrade to the Kestrel core. When they sent me the can back, I couldnt hit anything with it! like REALLY bad POI shift. like feet off of the target. There were no baffle strikes, though I did notice color on the side of the inside of the end cap when we finally decided there was an issue. I put about two mags through it, and had someone else shoot it to make sure I wasnt' nuts, but sure enough it was messed up. I have heard horror stories of their bad CS, however I feel they took care of me and sent my can back in a timely manner. That being said, I HAVE NOT shot it since they fixed it.
    Before I had it "upgraded", I had no noticeable POI shift, and that was using several hand guns, and a decked out 10/22. I was happy with the suppression, however the Al baffles kinda suck to clean. I wanted to use the "dip" or ultrasonic cleaner.
    Assuming everything is good on the fix of the can, I would say I am happy with the product. For a 22 can I think it does pretty well, though I can only compare it to one other can. I have 200$ plus 200ish in the upgrade, so for that price, I probably could have gotten something fancier if I wanted maybe, but I think its an okay can (*again, if the fix works)...
    That being said, I will be looking else where for my future larger investment cans.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I have the HTA Kestrel .308. It's not as quiet as other .30 caliber cans and like mentioned above, their customer service is non-existant. I've sent numerous emails that from last year that STILL haven't had responses. If I had to do it all over, I would have gotten a different can from a different manufacturer.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I have a Kestrel 556, a Guardian 9, and a Guardian 22 SS (new one)

I recommended "other". Frankly, I'm not impressed with the suppression of my Guardian 22 and their customer service is pretty bad. Add to that their changing of the minimum barrel length of the Kestrel 556 multiple times, without acknowledging the issues with the can, and I'm not planning on buying another of their products.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I don't own any HTA products, but have been looking to get into the suppression world. HTA was my go-to choice at first until I started researching a few months ago, and at this point, they're completely off my radar.

My choices at this point are TM Zephyr or Zephyr XL...

I try to research first so I don't cry later over something I should have known.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I have a gen 1 Guardian, and it does suppress fairly well. My TM Super Zephyr is quieter, but it's a larger can with a muuuch larger blast chamber (regular Zephyr unicore stuck in a longer tube). For their price point and what they are, HTA .22 cans are still pretty decent. Hopefully one day their customer serve does a 180 from it's current status. It sucks making an investment in a product/brand and there being no immediate support behind it.

That being said a lot of people (including myself) have mixed feelings about AAC now because lack of customer support/consistent answers.

Tactical Solutions, Thompson Machine, Silencerco, Dead Air, AAC, Gemtech, PTP Tactical, Stealth Engineering Group, Lane, Bowers, Thunderbeast, Griffing Armament, etc. Lots of good products out there, but HTA has the price point which attracts a lot of people and their .22 cans aren't terrible.

For cleaning, you just have to be careful with aluminum baffles, lot of chemicals/cleaning methods can damage the baffles. Steel is easier because it's stronger and you can use "harsher" cleaning chemicals.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I don't own any HTA products, but have been looking to get into the suppression world. HTA was my go-to choice at first until I started researching a few months ago, and at this point, they're completely off my radar.

My choices at this point are TM Zephyr or Zephyr XL...

I try to research first so I don't cry later over something I should have known.

We are soon to retire the ZXL. We have a couple cool things breaking in 2 weeks at SHOT. I'll keep you informed.

Top Bottom