• ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Contract Law

Eagle Creek Marina has 2 boating seasons. Winter storage and summer. For the Winter they charge $45/mo 6. In the summer that doubles to $90/month X 6 (6 mos contract). The docks are put up for the Winter. Summer season started April 13. Yesterday May 1st I went to launch my daysailer and found the docks not installed. Same thing happened last year. I requested a rebate for 2 weeks and got it. I called the office and spoke to a supervisor. They said they have no control over when the docks are put in (what about their contract with the installer?) and the contract just is for storage. I said I store my boat at home and don't need to pay just for storage, but for ability to launch. I got nowhere. They said if they had to promise when the docks would be in they would have to state June 1st. I said maybe you should put that in the contract. If they double the fee for the summer season does that imply more services? A dock was being installed that day and I spoke to an installer. He said they can do nothing until they get a PO and they just got it (hearsay?). I wondered if this was a ‘bubba’ contract? Seems more like incompetence though. I know it's not worth the effort/time /$$ to challenge this, especially with a gov't office. What say ye (besides 1[SUP]st[/SUP] world problem), to which I reply, that's where I live.

p.s. the contract says only when the season begins for a mooring spot and doesn’t mention docks.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If they "double the fee for the summer season" that ONLY implies that, you guessed it, they charge a higher fee for the summer season. OR, as they may 'sell it', they provide a 'discount in the off season'.

The 'solutions' are, as surely you already know, to choose a different place to dock / launch, buy a home which has it's own dock, buy a different boat that's easier to transport, don't own a boat.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Contract Law

Eagle Creek Marina has 2 boating seasons. Winter storage and summer. For the Winter they charge $45/mo 6. In the summer that doubles to $90/month X 6 (6 mos contract). The docks are put up for the Winter. Summer season started April 13. Yesterday May 1st I went to launch my daysailer and found the docks not installed. Same thing happened last year. I requested a rebate for 2 weeks and got it. I called the office and spoke to a supervisor. They said they have no control over when the docks are put in (what about their contract with the installer?) and the contract just is for storage. I said I store my boat at home and don't need to pay just for storage, but for ability to launch. I got nowhere. They said if they had to promise when the docks would be in they would have to state June 1st. I said maybe you should put that in the contract. If they double the fee for the summer season does that imply more services? A dock was being installed that day and I spoke to an installer. He said they can do nothing until they get a PO and they just got it (hearsay?). I wondered if this was a ‘bubba’ contract? Seems more like incompetence though. I know it's not worth the effort/time /$$ to challenge this, especially with a gov't office. What say ye (besides 1[SUP]st[/SUP] world problem), to which I reply, that's where I live.

p.s. the contract says only when the season begins for a mooring spot and doesn’t mention docks.

Without the text of the contract you have with them, no one here is going to be able give you anything like an educated answer as to whether you have a leg to stand on or not.

Top Bottom