• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Noblesville
    I am wanting to get a conversion barrel for my glock 33. I was considering a lone wolf conversion to .40. Are these the best barrel for the money or are there other options?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I am wanting to get a conversion barrel for my glock 33. I was considering a lone wolf conversion to .40. Are these the best barrel for the money or are there other options?

I wouldn't call going from .357 to .40 a conversion. The G33 and G27 is the same gun ! It would be a conversion barrel if you were wanting to shoot 9mm from either a G33 or G27.

To answer your question. It all would depend on what you were wanting whether the Lone Wolf barrel was the best for your money or not. There are many options out there. Personally, I do like the Lone Wolf barrels, but I use them for range fun, and not for carry. What you will get with the Lone wolf barrel is one of the least expensive options ( around $100.00 to $110.00 new) and I have always found them to function flawlessly and of good quality. The Lone Wolf has a couple of benefits, IMO, over the factory barrels. First, they will have better chamber support in SOME calibers ( .40 being one of them). Also, they will have traditional rifling, so shoot all the lead out of your Glock that you want. :D They will also be a " drop in fit", so they will be more loose in certain areas, much like the factory barrels. All in all, it would be hard for me to invision why someone would regret buying a Lone wolf barrel other than if someone was a very serious competition shooter and wanted a barrel to be fitted to their gun exactly the way they want.

Another option you have would be the more expensive barrels that would take fitting by a gunsmith. I will name one as the KKM since I have owned them before. I found them to be real headaches. Not only they need fitted, but some have "short chambers" requiring deeper seating of bullets when reloading. I quickly came to the conclusion these barrels weren't what I was looking for.

A third option would simply be a factory barrel. In your case, it would be a G27 barrel right from Lone Wolf or any other Glock supplier. They will run probably $50.00 or so higher than the Lone Wolf barrel. If you are not a reloader, or if you think you want the utmost in reliabily, maybe consider the factory barrel as an option.

One thing to watch for that might be important to you when buying is whether it is a drop in barrel, a semi drop in, or needs to be fitted.

Good luck ! Many options out there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom