• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Took the kids and significant other to Cook's Bison Ranch yesterday, Wolcottville, IN. Neat visit where they got to 'hand feed' (get slimed by really large tongues) bison in the field. Picked up some ground bison and flat steaks to take home.

Nice trip, good folks.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If so it's not because no one was buying the meat/leather, they are a strong and going commodity at this point; I have a pair of H.S. Trask Bison chukka's. Commercial viability saved the bison from extinction. I'm strongly considering a bison hunt this winter...get to keep the head/coat/meat...and it's no harder than the red skins had it while they were driving them to extinction. In point of fact it's probably harder than starting a prairie fire and running them off a cliff.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Stopped in Kroger yesterday afternoon to pick up some fish for supper. They had 90/10 ground bison on manager's special for $5.49(1 lb. pack), so I got all they had.

PhotoNinja is way better at cooking burgers on the grill than I, so she cooked the burgers and I made the sides.
    vbjRxeO.jpg
    [/IMG]

Mine had bacon, cream cheese, and fresh-sliced jalapeno. YUM!!
    First time I had a bison burger dressed up like this was at Firehouse Brewing in Rapid City, they call it a South African Cricket Burger.....I call it good!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Those South African Cricket Burgers were highly appreciated by the family. Changed it up a little as I had left over Jalapeno Popper stuffing so we used that instead of straight cream cheese. Cooked it all on our Holland Grill with some brats. I pulled the burgers off about 5 mins before everything else.

The stuffing was 1 package of cream cheese, 3/4 cups of sour cream, garlic, diced onions, chives and a little extra salt. Served it up with some Ranch Beans, the poppers and chips and everyone was most happy.

Top Bottom