• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I wonder what would happen if enough small businesses, and I mean millions of small business owners would stand up to the IRS, contact their state legislators and say; "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

I bet they could wrap this post up in a nice conspiracy to commit _________ charge as well as what mrjarrell said. :)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    First off... I am a small businessman and yeah this is going to stink. I'm in much the same shape as Pami's father - and it WILL affect when (and if) I start hiring - and not in a good way. Congress is after EVERYTHING. This is getting UGLY.

Topic number two...

I just came out of the "Little Programmer's Room" here at ArmedProgrammer Estates... Much relieved, thank you... Mr Jarrell , I'm quite sure that you'll find SOME way to blame Bush for THAT too!

If your point was that both parties have been looking for a way to close some of the options that small business has for expensing things - than I MIGHT be able to see the point. To say that they wanted THIS MONSTROSITY is a pretty big stretch. They had a solid majority in Congress earlier in the decade and this DIDN"T happen... This has the signatures of Pelosi, Reid, and Obama on it. They must take responsibility for the legislation. May they rot in whatever their eternal reward might be.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    First off... I am a small businessman and yeah this is going to stink. I'm in much the same shape as Pami's father - and it WILL affect when (and if) I start hiring - and not in a good way. Congress is after EVERYTHING. This is getting UGLY.

Topic number two...

I just came out of the "Little Programmer's Room" here at ArmedProgrammer Estates... Much relieved, thank you... Mr Jarrell , I'm quite sure that you'll find SOME way to blame Bush for THAT too!

If your point was that both parties have been looking for a way to close some of the options that small business has for expensing things - than I MIGHT be able to see the point. To say that they wanted THIS MONSTROSITY is a pretty big stretch. They had a solid majority in Congress earlier in the decade and this DIDN"T happen... This has the signatures of Pelosi, Reid, and Obama on it. They must take responsibility for the legislation. May they rot in whatever their eternal reward might be.
    I didn't blame, Bush. The article stated that this monstrosity dated back to his administration. I'd be willing to bet he'd have signed it in a heartbeat, tho.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I didn't blame, Bush. The article stated that this monstrosity dated back to his administration. I'd be willing to bet he'd have signed it in a heartbeat, tho.

I respectfully disagree... The article can say what it wants. I doubt VERY much that Bush signs this bill. Further to the point - he was never given this bill OR ANYTHING CLOSE to it when he had a solid majority in Congress behind him. And he never asked for it - or he would have gotten it. I know that you'd LIKE it if it was a Bush OR Obama thing because it fits more neatly into you worldview (and heck, I agree with your points of view many times). That said, I don't believe that Bush signs this, and I KNOW he never got anything REMOTELY resembling this when he had all of the cards in his hands. Bottom line - I don't buy the assertion. And I'm not a big fan of GWB, either... I just am not buying what you're selling.

Sometimes people just have to man up and take responsibility for what they signed. In this case, that would be the Democrats. It sure doesn't mean that I'm a big Republican fan, they have screwed up too. But this one deserves to be placed squarely at the feet of the idiots that created it - and that's Nancy, Harry, BHO, and all of the people under their tent. Period.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I wonder what would happen if enough small businesses, and I mean millions of small business owners would stand up to the IRS, contact their state legislators and say; "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"
    That is precisely what the Colonists did when the Kings Taxation policy became too onerous to obey.

I bet they could wrap this post up in a nice conspiracy to commit _________ charge as well as what mrjarrell said. :)
    And precisely what is the Government going to do?
    Jail millions of American Citizens because they refuse to cooperate with tax laws that they had NO voice in before they were enacted?
    It was "Taxation Without Representation" in the Colonies, and it's "Taxation Without Representation" now.
    When we elect someone to Public Office we DO NOT give up our rights to protest their decisions, or remove them from office if necessary.
    November is the time to "remind" those in Washington that WE THE PEOPLE run this country.
    NOT THEM!!!
    Mike

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    That is precisely what the Colonists did when the Kings Taxation policy became too onerous to obey.

And precisely what is the Government going to do?
    Jail millions of American Citizens because they refuse to cooperate with tax laws that they had NO voice in before they were enacted?
    It was "Taxation Without Representation" in the Colonies, and it's "Taxation Without Representation" now.
    When we elect someone to Public Office we DO NOT give up our rights to protest their decisions, or remove them from office if necessary.
    November is the time to "remind" those in Washington that WE THE PEOPLE run this country.
    NOT THEM!!!
    Mike
    So, you think that the republicans, if they managed to regain both the house and senate, would repeal this? That's not going to happen and we all know it. They're not even talking about repeal anymore. They're talking about making a few changes...and this addition to it will not be one of those changes. Bet on it.

As for what the feds would do to tax resisters...I already stated my opinion on that. The government won't hesitate to make examples of thousands of people by imprisoning them and killing them if they resist hard enough. They're already willing to steal property for tax reasons, they won't hesitate to do it for those who resist. History's already spoken to this one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Is it really so much of a stretch to think that this little part of the bill was a bill in and of itself that was written up during the Bush admin? And if I read everything right, nothing said that BUSH HIMSELF came up with and introduced this bill, only that this bill that was inserted into the HCB was conceived DURING the Bush Admin. :rolleyes: Sheesh guys. CHILL.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    So, you think that the republicans, if they managed to regain both the house and senate, would repeal this? That's not going to happen and we all know it. They're not even talking about repeal anymore. They're talking about making a few changes...and this addition to it will not be one of those changes. Bet on it.

As for what the feds would do to tax resisters...I already stated my opinion on that. The government won't hesitate to make examples of thousands of people by imprisoning them and killing them if they resist hard enough. They're already willing to steal property for tax reasons, they won't hesitate to do it for those who resist. History's already spoken to this one.
    Your lack of faith in your fellow Americans is evident.
    I, for one, maintain that the people of this country will not meekly submit to totalitarian rule, or allow their fellow Citizens to suffer unjust imprisonment at the hands of a corrupt regime.
    There are still Patriots who believe that death is preferable to enslavement.
    You may sit back and pontificate on the "inevitability" of the Government crushing any resistance to their will, but I maintain that Americans will NOT go meekly into subjugation by an unjust group of Demigods in Washington.
    Mike

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    This new law may end up being a zero-sum game....... If a business' cash expenditures now need to be written up on a 1099 for the seller, you can damn well bet they eill end up as expenses on the buyers income tax lowering their taxes paid.

The end result is an administrative burden with no real tax benefit. Can you say "bureaucracy in the making"? I guess that makes it a high-cost game instead....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This is just business as usual in DC. Bagmen for big CPA firms and lawyers go to the representatives you elect with a suitcase full of cash and ask for an expanded jobs program to make them richer at your expense. Will the government actually hire those people to work at the IRS or does the 11,000 additional workers represent contracted out work to the two groups above? You get what you pay for.:rolleyes:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, I can just about guarantee that my tenants, particularly the ones @ 16th & Sherman won't be complying with reporting requirements. I'd be surprised if they knew what a 1099 is.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I can just about guarantee that my tenants, particularly the ones @ 16th & Sherman won't be complying with reporting requirements. I'd be surprised if they knew what a 1099 is.
    He's that new rapper on death row records, right?:D

Top Bottom