• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spanky_27

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Columbus
    I really like where i live in northern brown county kinda away from everyone but man does internet service suck and this is not about Verizon but where i live. I have a verizon hot spot and dont get very good signal at all every time i try and do somethin i get kicked off or loose signal and it is really irritating .just thought id blow off some steam now i feel a little better.. and no im not moving just for better service lol

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Verizon hot-spot? You're getting the signal how? Is there a cable, or is it wireless? If it's wireless you can probably gain a lot from a better antenna. Something directional with a lot of gain, aimed at the site. If it's cable, you're probably doomed.

need4speed255

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    If you are using a cell phone for your internet connection then check these cell phone antenna boosters.

Cell Phone Signal Boosters and Antennas at Wilson Electronics - Wilson Electronics Inc.

We just purchased this kit for our business and it works awesome.
    Amazon.com: Wilson Electronics 841262 DB Pro 65 dB Adjustable Gain 800/1900MHz In-building Wireless Smart Technology IITM Signal Booster Kit with Omni-Directional and Panel Antenna for Home or Office: Cell Phones & Accessories

They will only be as good as the signal you can pickup outside on your roof.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I'd probably build a yagi for myself, but that can get into some pretty deep voodoo, especially above 1GHz. I'm sure there's something you can find online for it, yagi or log periodic. You can easily get 10x the signal just with that. World of difference.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    hoosierbroadband.com it is wireless and doesn't have the lag that satellite does. if not that one some others are ndwave and frontier. all are some type of wireless isp not celular but is at the same time(i never got a straight answer when i asked)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm 5.5 miles from the nearest gas station and I have dsl. It isn't very fast but they are in the process of running fiber optic down my road. I'll either sign up for the 3 or 5 mb when it's done.

Top Bottom