• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    INGO, I have been looking for a nice cowboy hat for a couple of years. Most likely a nice mid-range Stetson or a Rodeo King Low Profile. The problem is, buying a hat is something that has to be done in person for the best look and feel. Do any of you know anywhere close to Indianapolis that has a nice selection?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I get a lot of my stuff from Rinehold Tack & Western Wear in Waterloo.
    Here's the address and phone number:
    4445 County Road 22
    Waterloo, IN 46793
    (260) 837-7385

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Buckaroo boot company on 31, but they are going out of business so it could be a gamble. Might find an amazing deal, migh be low on stock. :dunno:

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    If you can wait till the state fair comes to town.... That big tent that only sells cowboy hats, belts etc is probably a good choice.

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    There are 2 places down south between Columbus and Seymour, The Country Saddelry in Reddington and Tonto Rim Trading Co. in Seymour.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    If you can wait till the state fair comes to town.... That big tent that only sells cowboy hats, belts etc is probably a good choice.

th_whs.png

I bought a "Jackaroo" Australian hat at the fair almost 20 years ago. I've never done anything to the leather except allow it to age naturally. I wear it constantly rain or shine and it still looks awesome. I don't know which vendor it was but IIRC it was around 50-60 bucks at the time. All I can say is I've yet to see the need to buy another. Here's what it looks like:

images

It does have a wire rim so you can shape it how you like and it will stay that way. I'm constantly getting tons of compliments on it! :yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Cowboy hat? Are you seriously going to carry out that promise you made at the last Indy 1500 to run away and join the Village People?

I don't know, Que, you look more like a construction worker type.:D

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Que, there's a tack shop down in Trafalgar.

Head south out of Indy on 135... Go through Bargersville.

The shop is on the east side of the highway, not too far past the big gas station / convenience store in Trafalgar. They have plenty of "real" hats.

Unfortunately, you're probably going to get strange looks. Take a redneck with you :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, there's a tack shop down in Trafalgar.

Head south out of Indy on 135... Go through Bargersville.

The shop is on the east side of the highway, not too far past the big gas station / convenience store in Trafalgar. They have plenty of "real" hats.

Unfortunately, you're probably going to get strange looks. Take a redneck with you :D

I probably get stranger looks at the 1500. Besides, I am a redneck, just a little darker. :D

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks everybody! I will head to a couple of recommended shops next week to look around.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    There are 2 places down south between Columbus and Seymour, The Country Saddelry in Reddington and Tonto Rim Trading Co. in Seymour.

^^^This^^^ I've dealt with The Country Saddlery in Reddington, They are very knowledgeable.

You have to take a picture with it on and post it when you get your cowboy hat too, especially since you asked for advice. :postpics:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom