• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    BBC, India's sharp-shooter granny fighting male domination.

Look at the video. What guns are they using? They look kind of primitive, but they seem to have the so-called "European" grip.

This news story probably only gives us a small hint of the daily discrimination she faced from the male chauvinists. Glad that granny's got a gun & shoots better than the cops.

My favorite quote: "I have such passion for shooting that I forgot everything, even my age!"

Da Bing

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, age and gender doesn't mean anything when it come to a steady hand and a sharp eye. I have an 85 year old, 110 lb, Mother-in-law that may shake a little during routine activities, but when she has her old .38 S&W revolver with a 4" barrel aimed at a target, it's bullseye every shot. Shes amazing to watch.

I really wouldn't want to break into her house.

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Thats my new Grandma, Thank you all for finding her, I am going to have her move in with me. Wonder if she can cook? Maybe I have her hunt and I cook.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Those look to be pellet guns. Do not trust BBC to know the difference between a BB gun and a 1911.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are precision air pistols. look to be a Hammerli or something of that nature.

India has some of the most draconian gun laws in the world, no surprise being a former English colony. For general people to own a firearm requires some healthy licensing processes, and a large sum of money. Small town villagers like these would really have no hope of ever achieving that.

Cool story, unfortunately, I don't think it will change the landscape for women, or shooters in India.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    Heard it on the new last week or was it the week before. Maybe the one before that.

Granny needs to go home and make some stomach boiling curry dish and leave the gun slingin' to the men folk.

Top Bottom