• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    This is kind of political but a reference to our society in general. I am only 25 so some of you may think I am a little young, but please don't believe everyone from my era eats this crap up with a spoon.

Really, what a liberal idiot. This woman on pbs is arguing that things from her era were different because in the detective novels for example were not picking up virtual guns and shooting people. No by one's imagination that detective had a very really gun and very much did kill a character in that story. That was her excuse for a tirade against violent video games. This is me shaking my head and the nonsense that our current lobbyists and government officials will stoop to, to make a point.

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    you do realize that no matter how great our generation is or may become (i am 25 as well) we will always have to listen and hear about how awful we are compared to the last. Lets just give it twenty years and I am sure we will be saying the same thing about those that follow. All we can do is sculpt our own children to be better than we were by learning from the mistakes that we made. With that being said, I love violent video games and I did when I was a lot younger...though I never killed anyone.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I posted this crap on facebook and google and told anyone that honestly believes that whether or not they like the video games to kindly delete themselves from my friends list post haste. Actually a conspiracy theorist could say that our greatest immasculating event was the draft that left many many men to be raised by a woman and bring forth the "Greatest Generation," but I am not in to the whole tin foil hat attire.

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    I couldnt believe it when I heard they were concerned about the violent video games. They need to be concerned about teaching kids financial principles instead and how to not wreck an economy as our government has done or default on a loan. Just my 2 cents! :popcorn:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I'm just about the same age as you, and couldn't agree more. Do you ever watch old shows like the Rifleman, and some of those old westerns? Those were extremely violent shows, and yet, you didn't see most of the violence you do now. That lady's just grasping at straws. I have a feeling that most of today's violence is due to absentee parenting and relying on teachers, babysitters, etc to raise kids.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    She is just working to allay fears and concerns. After all, if you don't provide a quick, simple, and unfamiliar threat that the sheeple can rally around they might stop drinking the kool-aid and think for themselves :rolleyes:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Like I told my grandson....video games will make you stupid. We don't need the SCOTUS or anyone else telling us we can't play them though. Even though they are a huge waste of time and will make your ass as wide as a bathroom door. Go outside and play.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Like I told my grandson....video games will make you stupid.
    Whole-heartedly disagree. Video games made me a software engineer. They teach problem-solving skills -- or at least they can. Some games are less conducive, that's true, and one's time needs to be divvied up among many activities, but on the whole video games are a positive thing.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I do have some wicked hand eye coordination...just saying. Oh and I know if I press x as fast as I can I will be able to sprint with a trail of fire behind me.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Video games are not the issue, period. The problem can be tied right straight back to the Nanny State Mentality that has been festering since the days of Lincoln and the Federal Power grab that was the Civil War. It started the ball rolling and every successive administration has done it's part to take more and more responsibility away from the States and from the people. Some more than others. In E5Ranger's example, our so called Greatest Generation willfully gave over vast amounts of freedom to the Federal Government by buying in to the New Deal, they were challenged, uncomfortable, and broke.
    Every successive generation since has been taught that for life to be better, there has to be more rules, there have to be more government programs to watch over society, there has to be more control.
    Video games are just another symptom. They are merely a graphic representation showing that this generation has been brought up to feel no responsibility for it's actions, it's the governments' job to take care of them.
    The fact that someone wanted to "regulate" them is proof enough.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I'm just about the same age as you, and couldn't agree more. Do you ever watch old shows like the Rifleman, and some of those old westerns? Those were extremely violent shows, and yet, you didn't see most of the violence you do now. That lady's just grasping at straws. I have a feeling that most of today's violence is due to absentee parenting and relying on teachers, babysitters, etc to raise kids.

DING DING DING... We have a winner Johnny! Well said. People always look to blame the tool and not what caused them to use the tool.

Top Bottom