• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    just got a ruger lcp...took it to the range and it shot well, however the crimson trace laser guard that came with it had some issues...it would go dim or turn off completely when shooting, it was pretty random, and it would come back on sometimes and not others...i know it wasnt fouling on the lens, and i have read forums of many people having the same issue. i think it must be some sort of design flaw regarding the batteries connection or something like that. if theyre going to make a laser for a gun, make it able to withstand the gun being fired. other than on the ruger lcp's though i have heard nothing but good things about crimson trace. needlass to say, i will be contacting them and hopefully sending it back to get a new and properly working laser.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    just got a ruger lcp...took it to the range and it shot well, however the crimson trace laser guard that came with it had some issues...it would go dim or turn off completely when shooting, it was pretty random, and it would come back on sometimes and not others...i know it wasnt fouling on the lens, and i have read forums of many people having the same issue. i think it must be some sort of design flaw regarding the batteries connection or something like that. if theyre going to make a laser for a gun, make it able to withstand the gun being fired. other than on the ruger lcp's though i have heard nothing but good things about crimson trace. needlass to say, i will be contacting them and hopefully sending it back to get a new and properly working laser.
    Any result yet? I am thinking of one of these for the wife.

I have the CT laser on my Sig P238 and it works like a charm.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Are you using the batteries that came with it? If so, there's the problem. I had the same thing happen on the same model. Fresh batteries fixed it.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I had this same issue with one I had on a Glock 27. It ended up being a bad diode. They fixed it and sent it back asap. I was impressed with there customer service.

Top Bottom