• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Not really firearms related but i don't know where else to post this. Does anyone know where i can get a crossbow repaired? I live on the north side of Indy.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Call Don at B12 Archery Shop out in Stilesville. He has a crossbow press, and if need be, can make custom strings to fit them.

You won't be happy with the Outdoorsman.

His number is 317-339-1861

Just curious, what needs fixed with your crossbow??

11B20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks for the info. the safety will not hold the string. It's an old Barnnet crossbow.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Being in archery for 37 years, and in the business for 18, I'd recommend scrapping it for safety reasons, unless Barnett can "factory" fix it.

I've seen a lot of people come to me with bows that were just plain obsolete, worn out, broke in some way, or unfixable due to parts issues, but the owners would sink money into them, which should have been put to other uses, like a new bow.

Archery equipment is not like guns. It doesn't hold it's value, and in my opinion, is made with planned obsolesence in mind. With my competitions, hunting and extra-curricular activities involving archery, I've literally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on equipment. If I thought about all the equipment I've tossed to the side, I'd never get a bit of sleep. It's just part of the game. :)

Top Bottom