• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Well I missed the Archery season opener this year due to a messed up back. I can't pull my bow back without excruciating pain. Unfortunately it has been like that for a couple months. I am told by the doctors that I need back surgery, but I have been stretching, excising, and seeing a chiropractor the last 2-3 weeks with the hopes of putting it off as long as I can. It has been helping, but not enough to shoot my bow. I guess I have a decision to make soon.

With this being said, I am thinking about purchasing a crossbow to give myself more days in the stand. From what I understand, they are legal late season this year.

I have always been one of those guys that said he would never buy a crossbow, I always loved bowhunting, and didn't see a need for it. But, it looks like the tables are turned and now if I want extra time in the stand, I need to buy one.

I have researched them somewhat, and I see that the "10 point" brand of crossbows are a great bang for the buck.

Do any crossbow hunters have any equipment suggestions for me? I would like to stay at or under $600 for everything, because I'm hoping I will only be using it a season or two before I can go back to my compound bow.

To be honest, I just don't know enough about crossbows to go out and start buying stuff.

Here is the one that I am thinking about buying.

TenPoint Wicked Ridge Invader Crossbow 3x Multi-Line Scope Package - Dick's Sporting Goods

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Not an expert on crossbows, but I have read good reviews on the Wicked Ridge crossbow. Personally I have a Horton TR-175 right now. Nice, accurate crossbow but kicking around the idea of getting a nicer (lighter) one next summer because of the new reg's taking effect next year. Been eyeballing the Stryker 350. It's about 1.5-2# lighter than the Horton.

Let the bashing begin!:rolleyes:

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Hey man, you do what you can do to stay with your recreation. There's nothing wrong with using a crossbow if your back is messed up. Its a whole lot better than sitting at home wishing you were out hunting. Just be careful out there if your back is messed up. Hope you get healed up soon.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    I have a Horton Vision 175 . Took a deer saturday afternoon at 70 yds . With a witness by the way . Hit him facing me with a neck shot . I'm sold on it . I was using mechcanical broadheads .

Top Bottom