• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tskin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    West Central Indiana
    I carry a XD .40 cal subcompact in a Don Hume IWB most of the time. I'm looking for something that I can tuck my shirt in with easier. The super tuck looks like it'd do the job, but rather than relying on their own video & endorsements, I wanted to see what the people who have one say about them. Are they comfortable? Do the shirts really tuck in as easy as the video shows in real life? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yes, they really are that good. I have two for different guns and they are easily my favorite holsters. They are a little pricey, but they are arguably the best out there.

If you are willing to wait, they have periodic "blemish" sales that are posted here that have holsters at 1/2 off. Here is the last one. Looks like it is still open, but no XD supertucks currently. I got my second that way and am very happy with it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    never watched the videos, I can say yes it is a great holster, the most comfortable one I own and I have a little problem tucking but not enough to make me want to get rid of the holster. an extra second or few.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    I carry a G26 in a Supertuck, which is approximately the same dimensions as your XD. I highly recommend the Supertuck. I almost always wear mine with my shirt tucked in, but I don't think it's as easy as the video shows. It takes a little bit of juggling to hold your pants up and tuck your shirt in around your gun. Once it's all tucked in it stays put, however if you draw your gun you'll have to go through the whole process again. I have Crossbreed's belt as well and it works great with all types of holsters. A quality belt makes a big difference.

I've found that the best concealment is to leave the shirt bloused out a little, it helps to hide the bulge that appears on the belt-line. As mentioned above, a good belt helps with concealment as well. I used to carry my Kahr P380 in a Minituck with a Walmart belt. The Walmart belt exaggerates the bulge on the belt line making it more obvious, while the stiffness of the Crossbreed belt (or probably any other quality belt) helps to smooth out the bulge and make it less noticeable.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    tskin,
    I use a Supertuck with my XD9 Service model and it's excellent! I also have a Supertuck for my SR9c ---that gun TOTALLY disappears!

You cannot go wrong with a Supertuck but there are some competitors such as Kholster that deserve a look, too.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Some good points above. A quality belt will make a big difference with any belt-mounted holster. Also, the Supertuck is adjustable. I went from slightly noticeable with the default setup to invisible after experimenting. The Kholster is a lower-priced competitor. Not as high quality, but they get good reviews as well if you want to go that way.

adventures47129

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Clarksville
    I love my supertuck. I went through bunches of holsters but this is it for me. I wear a tucked in shirt most of the time. The other day my wife even reminded me to get my pistol when I was wearing it. LOL... she knows I never leave the house without it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    +1 for the supertuck. Carry my G19 in one frequently.

The ONLY complaint I have is that sometimes the leather can be a bit squeaky when it rubs on your pants or when it flexes next to the holster portion.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A less expensive but seemingly similar option is the Galco King Tuk. Very similar to the Crossbreed to the point that there may be litigation by Crossbreed. I have to admit, I have not tucked a shirt with it much, but its almost identical to the Crossbreed. I carry a Glock 27 in it and I love this holster. You can get them in various gun shops or they can be ordered from MidwayUSA.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    The owner of CrossBreed is a jerk. With all the quality holster makers out there, why support one who treats his customers and competition so poorly?

Glock Carry Forum - Kholster Holsters

90% down the page look at kholsterllc (owner of Kholster) and mtcraigco (owner of CrossBreed)

kholsterllc
    Hi Guys! I'm Jimmy from Kholster. Hope it's ok to respond. Moderator please delete this mesage if it is not.

For the record: I have never worked for Crossbreed. I've seen their holsters and find them to be of top quality. I actually own one. I also own fobus, safariland, bianci and others. Most of them are in the bottom of a drawer. The Kholster is not a copy of the crossbreed supertuck; it is a combination of many designs with some of my own tweeks. I like to think it is the best of all worlds. Some will agree, some will not. Some will buy, some wont. Ah, freedom - aint it great !?

Also - the pictures of the Kholster posted here look a little old. I've posted new pitures and the quality of our current production run is 1000% better than our startup models from last summer. But looks mean nothing for a holster that should never be seen. It's all about feel and service; I'll stand behind anything we make 100% and can guarantee no one will treat you better (IMHO). Stop by the web site, check things out. Shoot me an email or give me a call. I'm open to all questions and comments and hope I can serve you in some way. And if the moderator lets me, I will be happy to carry on conversations on this board. Thanks for your time. jimmy.

mtcraigco
    Hi Guys,
    Mark Craighead from CrossBreed Holsters here. I hope no one minds but I would like to clear up a couple things here.

My first comment is to peteg21 regarding your comment about our customer service. Perhaps you might do some homework before you say negative things about the service of companies you know nothing about. Our service is second to none and we most certainly would (and have) sent new holsters out to folks who had issues with theirs. We have been around for about 3 years now and just this week I REPLACED a holster for a customer who sent theirs in with a stress crack. That holster was well over year old and the customer got a new holster. Our return rate runs well below 2% for all orders, but when an issue does occur (as they sometimes do) they get handled promptly and always to the customers benefit.

As to Jimmy and Kholsters, no, Jimmy has never worked for me.

With that said, I'll address you directly on a couple of points Jimmy.

Jummy, this is kind of a tough spot so I will be blunt. I trust you can handle it. First off, your product is obviously a direct copy of the SuperTuck. You changed the backer shape a bit and added more holes and that's about it. Please be man enough to admit you are copying our product, plain and simple. Your plan is obvious and simple, make an imitation of the SuperTuck and then dog all the discussion boards you can find us on and undercut the SuperTuck on price, I would not be surprised if some of the "reviews" I have been seeing are even posted by you. I also see some striking similarities in your business model as well. I have to admit the tupperware/holster party is a novel idea though, good luck with that.

As far as craftsmanship, I'll leave the photos above to show the difference there.

With that said, I'll say this. There will always be a market for cheap imitations. Look in any product arena and there will be top of the line, mid tier and low end products. Cadillac-vs-Chevy-vs-Yugo,
    Sig Sauer/HK-vs-Springfield/Taurus-vs-Lorcin/Hi-point. It's always been that way and always will be. I know where we are on that ladder and I know where you are. You are filling a niche that as yet is unfilled, somebody was going to do it sooner or later and you just got to it first. You will sell your product to a great many customers that would never have bought ours anyway because they are too cheap, they always think they are finding a bargain when they buy the cheap imitation but are too embarrassed to admit to it when that product fails them. There are also customers who simply can't tell the difference between a bottle of pee and a Coors Light, they'll love your product too. I know that's pretty blunt and I apologize if it insults you or anyone else but it is the truth. I just want you and anyone else who reads this to know where I stand on the issue. Sometimes you hold your tongue and sometimes you stand up for yourself, I'm standing up for myself and my company on this one.

CrossBreed Holsters currently sees about 1500 orders a month and currently grosses well into the 6 figure range each month in sales. We have tripled every year and will do so again for '09, placing annual gross sales well over 1.5 million dollars. CrossBreed Holsters is the fastest growing, most successful holster manufacturer to come along in decades, there is a reason for that ad it has to do with alot more than just the product, but I'll let you figure that out, you can't copy everything about us. In the end the market will decide which is a better value for the price.

I also encourage yo to consider the legal ramifications of your product, we will be filing for multiple patents before the end of the week and your product may or may not infringe on those patents. That is fair warning on that issue, I will email you privately on that as well in the interest of being fair about it.

Thanks 'fer listenin'

Read through the full thread and I think you'll find CrossBreed is not really someone you want to give money to. Apparently he thinks HE invented leather-kydex holsters and anyone else who makes one is copying him.

Last edited:

UltraRick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Georgetown
    We have tripled every year and will do so again for '09, placing annual gross sales well over 1.5 million dollars.

I assume this post is 2 years old. Let it go. I love my supertuck and would buy another - no question!

slmlrd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I bought a Crossbreed quickclip for my PPKs. I didn't like it. I called Crossbreed and told them I wanted to trade it in for a Supertuck. They covered the price difference and sent me a new holster within a week.

I don't care if the owner smokes crack and barks at the moon. Their customer service was great.

I have never dealt with Kholster and don't know anyone who owns one so I can't say anythign about their service or quality.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I have had only great service from the owners of Crossbreed, and I won't buy the Galco model because it's a ripoff.

My two goto holsters are my Supertuck and a Don Hum OWB.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Highly recomended!! I use my supertuck daily for my M&P .40. Very comfortable though not a holster for sitting for long periods of time with larger frame guns. If you're skinny the "tuck" function works well but if you have some handles then it's a little harder. Sign up for the newsletter from their site and you'll be updated on special promo offers.

Top Bottom