• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've got a Strider DB that I've worn on my holsters for years. It has a cord wrapped handle and I'd prefer G10 or Micarta. I've seen the frag pattern available from the monkey place but I'm not fond of the pattern. Anyone know of another place offering them?

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    the fastners are the harder part on the DB.... they are an odd size. BUT you can buy FRAG grips from monkey edge... or gunner grips if you can find em! both are bad to the bone...

or adding scales is always an option, either making them yourself or having them someone make them. g10 is so easy to work its funny!

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    the fastners are the harder part on the DB.... they are an odd size. BUT you can buy FRAG grips from monkey edge... or gunner grips if you can find em! both are bad to the bone...

or adding scales is always an option, either making them yourself or having them someone make them. g10 is so easy to work its funny!

Agreed. It so easy to cut, file, sand, drill, ect. if you can find some gunner grips get them, you will not regret it. They are super aggressive, but not over the top.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Hit the GG with some 150 or 220 sandpaper. It knocks the texture down just enough and doesn't change grippy utility of them! Just more comfortable.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm completely ignorant of how scales are attached to a knife. I looked through some of the materials on Knifekits but didn't gain an understanding. I've made my own Micarta and wouldn't have any concerns about buying the material and getting it shaped, I just don't know how to attach it to the knife. I don't want to epoxy it in place, that's a bit too permanent for me.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    I'm completely ignorant of how scales are attached to a knife. I looked through some of the materials on Knifekits but didn't gain an understanding. I've made my own Micarta and wouldn't have any concerns about buying the material and getting it shaped, I just don't know how to attach it to the knife. I don't want to epoxy it in place, that's a bit too permanent for me.

you don't have to use epoxy. just get fasteners for use with a tool, after installation. chain ring bolts are a big one.... the only bad part is, they need counter sunk. which means one of two things:

buy the correct bit or ttol (bits usually run $15 for the CORRECT counter sink)

go hill billy on it, and MAKE it fit. bad part is, it usually LOOKS hillbilly.

its pretty easy. the holes are there, and the fasteners to fit are out there. you just need to find a few hours on a beautiful, football saturday, and DO IT! :patriot:

you need any help, i'll text you my phone number. i will be working the rest of the day, but no matter....

Top Bottom