• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I like swords, and knives, but I had a gap in the reach range of my blades. Full size battle swords are cool (and deadly) but very impractical to haul around. Something smaller like a Wakizashi is better INHO. Good, got that covered too. I even have a nice CRKT Hisshou with a custom handle that gives me 13" of blade reach... and it's a very nice blade too. Love the custom handle, and I prefer a one handed blade for anything that could be defensive in a blade so I can use my off hand for other things. (grabbing, striking, pushing off to gain distance... ect) However I wanted something between the Hisshou, and the Wakizashi. Something with more reach, but still very fast in hand.

Enter the sword bayonet. Specifically, a 1907 pattern British one. 17" of reach, light, fast, and very strong & stabby. But they aren't made for slashing, and have a crappy handle. I handed mine (a gun show find) over to my "knife guy" (You do have a "knife guy" right?) and had him duplicate the shape of the handle on the custom beast of a 8670 Bowie he made me a couple years back, and put a razor edge on it.

This I'm happy with. I've only had it back for a week or so, but I can't seem to stop playing (training) with it.

How many here have customized (or had customized) an existing bladed weapon?

Family photo of fixed blades.

Swords and fixed blades.JPG

The finished product. Yeah, I need a nicer photo...

1907 sword bayonet.JPG

"It will cut."

IMG_E1358.JPG

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I like it!!

You have a Rex Applegate signature knife in the pic. I was in Portland OR waiting to get in to a custom knife show. The line went past the men's room so I ducked in to pee before getting in the show. Stood next to Rex at the urinals, he was there to sign autographs. This had to be the late 80's .

Don

Top Bottom