• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Been watching gunbroker for a couple of years and bid on a few but the prices have gotten too steep. Just got one as it came on line with a 350 buy it now price! I hope it's not too good to be true, meaning something's wrong with it. I'll post when I get it.

Anyone else have one?

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Yeah, I got one from here a while back.
    My friend got a hold of one before I could back in college (2005ish) and I was looking for a good one ever since.
    I think they sold for $350 new back then, maybe even around $325.
    Great gun for the money.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Actually, it was my first semi-auto handgun ever. I shot the poo out of it, carrying it and shooting IDPA, well over 5k factory rounds with no malfunctions and a very few malfunctions with thousands of reloads.

I made the mistake of putting Ashley Express Big Dots on it (mine was the first CZ40B ever to have them, I shipped my gun to the factory and they used it to figure out the dove tails and shipped it back to me. I got free sights, my only expense was one way shipping.) That ruined the gun for me, and they didn't return my factory sights, so I sold it.

Helpful hints:
    CZ75B mags work fine. Factory CZ40B mags have the Clinton Cut and are artificially limited to 10 rounds.
    The thumb safety is small and stiff. Carrying it cocked and locked is possible, but I found the thumb safety to be difficult to deactivate reliably under stress and opted to carry hammer down.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I had one for a few years. I liked it. I believe I bought it in 2005 or 2006 for $299 at the 1500. The only problem I had was holsters. You pretty much will need to have one custom made for it. However, I bought a Galco hip holster for a SIG 226 and it fit fairly well. Like BehindBlueI's stated, I carried mine hammer down. I would caution you to practice lowering the hammer on an empty chamber before you do it on a live round, though.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It would jam on almost every round. Took it to the gunsmith, but it would still jam, just not as much. Did some reading on the CZ forum, found out it was not uncommon for the model.

The problems experienced by 40B and 40P owners are almost always related to springs. Get the proper spring weight and they run just fine.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    The problems experienced by 40B and 40P owners are almost always related to springs. Get the proper spring weight and they run just fine.

Not always true with CZs. They do make turds just like every gun company. I had a 2075 in 40 that was a jam-o-matic. I replaced the springs in the mag and also the recoil spring. It would never run right. Now to make it clear, I own 3 CZs so I am not a hater. Just stating personal experiences. YMMV

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Finally got to shoot it. Very accurate - don't get me wrong, I'm not capable of determining a handgun's accuracy, but I was able to shoot more accurately with it than any handgun I've fired.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    For treefiddy was it in decent shape?

I've seen them used for $450 ish. Really want a nice one to add (and shoot, of course).

Top Bottom